Head of Recruitment
LIFE AT IMC AS HEAD OF RECRUITMENT
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
LEADING RECRUITING AT IMC:
- Architect the overall strategy and vision for recruiting within the United States.
- Manage full-cycle recruitment across all levels, including campus, lateral and senior level hires, including sourcing, recruiting, negotiating and closing of candidates while delivering the highest quality candidate experience.
- Partner closely with the hiring managers to assess organizational needs and develop thoughtful and innovative direct sourcing, pipelining, referral, social media, networking, agency and campus strategies.
- Ensure IMC is using the appropriate selection and assessment methodologies to evaluate candidates across technical, personality and other relevant skills and attributes.
- Lead a team of recruiting professionals, focused on driving accountability and implementing rigor and discipline into the recruiting process, supporting their growth and development, and shaping their strategies and team alignments.
- Manage agency and search firm relationships, including the negotiation and execution of contracts.
- Develop and utilize metrics and reporting to ensure productivity and effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Provide direction and consultation on emerging trends and evolving recruiting practices, providing an “outside in” view, (e.g. branding and marketing, events, perks and offers) particularly among IMC’s competitors for talent in technology and financial services.
- Serve as an integral face of IMC and culture ambassador for the firm.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN?
- We are looking for the best technical talent in the market. At IMC, you will be a true partner with our hiring managers whilst having full autonomy with leading an expanding team of recruiters
- You will be able to set the strategy and vision with the team in order to obtain clear goals and initiatives that will drive our business to the next level
- IMC is in a high growth phase and you will have an opportunity to be leading this extremely important goal for the organization
WHO YOU ARE:
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years relevant professional experience within the financial services, technology or other appropriate industry.
- Excellent academic credentials; bachelor’s degree from a top tier college or university preferred.
- Experience leading a team and must have worked in both experience and campus recruitment.
- Experience recruiting professionals at all levels and creating innovative strategies for targeting different levels of candidates.
- Professional pedigree working with organizations known for their forward-thinking talent practices and bar for talent.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills; listens and communicates effectively; inspires; builds strong relationships; strong influencing skills.
- High energy with presence, poise, sound judgement and gravitas; confident, credible and is able to earn the respect of the professionals in the firm.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.