HR Generalist at Spark Hire
Spark Hire is an award-winning video interviewing platform (Software-as-a-Service) used by more than 5,000 customers in 100+ countries. Our industry-leading platform is recognized as the gold standard by esteemed software review site G2. We’ve also recently been recognized as one of the best startups to work for nationally and a top 5 B2B tech company in the Chicago area.
Our company’s growth has created the need for new positions and our HR Generalist opening is one of them! With our increasing headcount and steady recruiting needs, we’re looking for an HR Generalist who is excited about the opportunity to be a key contributor to the company’s continued success.
What you’ll do
The HR Generalist’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead sourcing and screening stages of the recruitment process to find and identify job candidates who meet the criteria of open positions and align with the company’s core values
- Complete HR’s portion of new hire onboarding checklist and coordinate with managers to ensure the best employee experience
- Handle HR’s portion of the company’s offboarding checklist
- Maintain the proper organization of employee records in filing systems and in the company’s HR software
- Run the company’s standard payroll along with commission pay periods
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR and recruiting trends and best practices
- Craft, update, and present organizational guidelines, policies, and procedures to Executive Management
- Be a trusted resource for employees and the company and use strong professional discretion with confidentiality and sensitive information
- Investigate and work with the company’s leadership on any complaints/issues brought forward by employees
- Assist with all internal and external HR related matters
- Engage employees and boost morale by being a company culture champion and a steward of the business
- Build, promote, and manage the company’s employer brand
- Help coordinate performance development and management with the company’s managers
- Perform miscellaneous projects and tasks assigned to HR
What we’re looking for
- 1-2+ years of corporate human resources experience
- 1-2+ years of recruiting experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highest level of professional discretion and integrity
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with modern HR/recruiting tools and software (e.g. BambooHR, JazzHR, LinkedIn Recruiter)
- Deadline, detail and process oriented
- Above average critical thinking skills
- Solid business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Leadership skills to motivate and engage others
- Proactive mentality with a strong work ethic
What you’ll love about Spark Hire
- Great Culture – We have in and out of the office activities going on all the time. From celebrating birthdays, happy hours, Cubs games, holiday parties, picnics, friendly competitions, and more!
- Health Benefits – Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid Time Off – Employees receive paid time off which start accruing on day one of employment and paid holidays. Plus, you get your birthday off as PTO!
- Work/Life Balance – We pride ourselves on having a great work/life balance.
- Gym Subsidy - We contribute a significant amount towards a gym membership at the nearby Lifetime Fitness.
- 401(k) - Start saving for your future retirement!
If you're looking for an exciting place to work and a chance to spearhead the development of our HR and recruiting department, apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.