Foxtrot is the next generation corner store – we curate your city’s best craft beer, wine, spirits, fresh eats, gifts and everyday essentials – and deliver it all in 60 minutes via our neighborhood shops.
With a swift mobile app and web store paired with beautifully designed retail shops, we are building an exciting brand that is both digitally native and rooted in a highly engaging retail experience.
We currently operate stores in Chicago and Dallas, along with a booming online business, with major expansion in the works.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking an HR - Manager to serve as a strategic partner to operations and the broader Foxtrot corporate team. As a strategic HR partner you will support Operations and the Corporate office in daily HR needs, including: posting jobs, conducting interviews, and other pipeline sourcing for our store team members; conducting background checks and exit interviews; logging team member claims; and leading field / corporate office onboarding processes. This role is primarily focused on the Chicago market, with some support for Dallas likely as well.
- Assists Operations leadership by developing and executing a store team hiring plan to ensure a strong pipeline of candidates, including: forecasting staffing needs, posting jobs and sourcing candidates, participating in open house events, career fairs, interviewing, etc.
- Partners with Operations leadership in the facilitation of broader retail / local market people planning, including: evaluation of internal candidates for vacant/new positions; and identification of high potential team members
- Coaches Operations leadership on team member relations to achieve problem resolution without litigation; conducts timely and thorough investigations involving team member complaints and disputes and prepares documentation of issues; resolves simple issues but involves Corporate office in achieving resolution of complex team member relations issues
- Advises Operations leadership on conducting effective team member performance evaluations and on assisting associates with career and personal development
- Follows up with new hires to ensure adequate and appropriate training opportunities and encourage their participation
- Support / lead corporate and field onboarding processes, including: access to internal / external systems, payroll, etc.
- Bachelor's degree required, business and/or HR majors preferred
- Experience in multi-unit retail or hospitality strongly preferred
- Minimum three years of HR experience, with some experience in associate relations, recruiting, and people management or equivalent
- Knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Ability to partner with and coach/advise Operations and Corporate leadership
- Ability to collaborate with functions and team members to facilitate win-win problem resolution
- Hands-on experience addressing an organization’s capabilities in a field environment
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office
- Strong critical/analytical thinking, communication, listening, and assessment skills
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Foxtrot’s mission, vision, values, and culture