Human Capital Business Partner at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for serving as an internal business partner that supports/facilitates the development of culture and key capabilities for the organization and is responsible for securing and maintaining a productive, diverse, and engaged workforce, comprised of the best talent. This is a highly visible role serving as a consultant to various business functions. The incumbent will play an important role in achieving the Human Capital strategy through their ability to align people with business strategy and support and manage change. The Human Capital Business Partner will help drive and deploy integrated talent management, employee development, compensation, performance management, organization transformation and workplace strategies. Work requires a proactive anticipation of the employee experience across the organization to ensure the optimization of right-fit talent and effective leadership of individual and workgroup performance. Resources to do the job require strong organization and planning skills, a passion for continuous improvement and the cultivation of an outstanding work environment, ability to influence and earn the trust of business leaders and their teams to take action.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Serve as a primary partner and consultant to leaders and employees on all employee relations issues
- Participate in strategic workforce planning sessions and support change implementation, including but not limited to impact analysis, execution and communication
- Partner with leaders to create and/or update job descriptions to ensure accurate reflection of job duties and required training/experience
- Manage and evaluate requests regarding title and compensation changes ensuring alignment with our long-term business strategy
- Provide counsel and thought partnership to leaders regarding employee performance, coaching and counseling, individual and team behavior, and cultural adaptation/alignment
- Oversee the performance management process, ensuring a consistent approach across the organization that emphasizes individual development and regular and dynamic coaching and feedback
- Assist and support the administration of 360 degree reviews, talent reviews and succession planning processes as well as development plans and execution
- Review and analyze exit interview and employee relations quantitative and qualitative data, follow up with leaders as needed and recommend changes to programs/policies to ensure legal compliance and to further enhance the employee experience
- Assist with the design, management and facilitation of employee onboarding and cultural introduction to the Credit Union
- Identify and recommend development programs that narrow competency gaps and enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals
- Drive engagement and leverage the diverse inclusion of talent at all levels of the organization by diving deep to understand business goals, constraints, strengths, and opportunities
- Own and/or assist with employee communication design, messaging and timeline management for internal projects; crafting and publishing a variety of materials such as presentations, intranet content, etc.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field; Master's degree preferred, 6 + years' HR experience with 3 or more years' experience in performance management and employee relations, and you have:
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to work independently
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience in consulting as a business partner
- Strong business acumen with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization with proven negotiation, conflict resolution, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to organize and track quantitative data, identify trends, and provide actionable recommendations
- Strong knowledge of US labor laws and respective regulations
- Demonstrate analytical curiosity; proactively seek solutions and present recommendations that drive improved business outcomes
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Product Suite
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off