Human Resource Systems Support Analyst at TransUnion
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and manage multiple competing deadlines and ensure adherence to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Critical thinking skills in standardized situations as well as non-routine problems.
- Ability to communicate information to HRIS team, HR business partners, and leaders in a clear and concise manner.
- Excel knowledge, familiar with pivot tables, VLook ups, and formulas.
We’d love to see:
- Understanding of HR Systems and Processes.
- 1 to 3 years of experience within an HRMS environment in a support/analyst role.
- Experience with Workday a plus, or the willingness to learn.
- Understanding of HRIS database structure, processes and reporting tools and be proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Human Resources Management preferred.
Impact You'll Make:
- Provide support for HRMS system including, but not limited to, researching and resolving HRMS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements and manage incoming support requests.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Review and update user procedures, guidelines and documentation for a variety of systems and project efforts.
- Assist employees on new processes/functionality.
- An opportunity to learn how things work and the challenge of leveraging technology tools to improve efficiency, support a global organization, and work with a dynamic team.