Leader of Learning and Organizational Development (Chicago or L.A)
PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member of the HR team at PEAK6, you’ll have a big impact on the firm. You’ll work across all our different businesses and have genuine opportunities to shape the future of our HR efforts and reinforce a growing, thriving culture. This is a role for someone with expertise in Leadership development, employee development, performance management, and coaching. Your facilitation, consultation, resolution, and negotiation abilities should be extremely polished – as well as your ability to build strong and trusting relationships. This role will report to the VP of Human Resources.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Partnering with HR leadership team and business leaders to define key initiatives, project scope, budget requirements, goals, success criteria and deliverables that support business goals with direction from, and in collaboration with, senior management and key stakeholders.
- Maintaining awareness of industry trends and benchmark data in order to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of training and organization development solutions and processes.
- Building a modern learning experience for new trading associates, sales training program, and technical trading programs.
- Building educational excellence through best-in-class curricula design and development based on the unique needs of the portfolio companies.
- Designing and conducting needs assessment with business/division leaders to identify additional organizational development needs as appropriate. Collaborating, coaching, and mentoring HR colleagues on organization development programs and processes to ensure consistent and effective implementation across the organization.
- Executing various processes that deliver meaningful and actionable feedback to leaders, including process such as 360 and stakeholder reviews.
- Coaching and mentoring internal stakeholders at all levels to drive performance.
- Partnering with HR Business Partners to evaluate current org design of various functions, as well as provide meaningful recommendations on alternate structures that will lead to an increase in productivity and employee engagement.
- Aiding in the development and implementation of career paths for various functional areas.
- Helping to develop and launch a program that utilizes technology, tools, and systems to facilitate an integrated performance management, succession planning, and onboarding and talent development process.
- Partnering with HR Business Partners to proactively identify areas where leadership education is required and design and deliver leadership programs.
- Partnering with HR Business Partner to support survey launch, feedback, and action planning processes to address employee engagement.
- Coaching and mentoring for the L&OD team, ensuring they are effectively accomplishing key department initiatives and goals.
- Developing and implementing robust measurements and metrics to evaluate the execution of performance management processes, as well as other HR driven initiatives, throughout the organization.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Experience in a fast paced environment with multiple initiatives
- The ability to manage a team strategically as well as executing as a team of one with a hands-on approach
- 5+ years of learning and development experience in a leadership role
- Ability to become a trusted and respected business partner recognized for leadership, strategic planning, business acumen, critical thinking, coaching, change management and emotional intelligence.
- Experience building out technical training and working with developers
- Excellent interpersonal and partnership skills
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
As a PEAK6 Leader of Learning and Organizational Development you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Corn hole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program