Manager of Benefits, Compensation & HRIS
At Sprout Social, people and culture are at the forefront of everything we do - a fact underscored by multiple Best Places to Work awards and award-winning ratings on Glassdoor. As members of the Sprout People Team, we are champions of Sprout’s unique culture. Doing our jobs effectively means every candidate has an incredible experience with Sprout Social, every team member is successful from day one, and every business unit has the talent and support needed to meet and exceed aggressive goals. We are looking for an experienced and creative People leader to help us carry on that tradition.
As the Manager of Benefits, Compensation & HRIS (People Operations), you’ll play a key role in helping us continue to develop our strategy around benefits and compensation while also building out an HR infrastructure that is effective, efficient, and aligned with our culture. We’re looking for someone who can strike the perfect balance between possessing deep technical expertise about the world of benefits, compensation, compliance, and all things HRIS/Reporting while also serving as a cultural champion.
If you love contributing at both a hands-on and strategic level as we continue to scale our award-winning culture and people infrastructure, we’d love to talk with you.
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role including management and development of direct reports
- 5+ years experience in a role with primary ownership of HRIS systems, compensation, benefits, and HR compliance matters. Because of the technical nature of these areas, we’re looking for specialists in these fields rather than HR generalist experience
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLookups, if formulas, etc.)
- Experience in administering benefits programs and current knowledge of applicable federal, state and local labor laws.
- Demonstrated compensation experience in the following areas: salary structures, base pay, market pricing, variable pay, equity incentives, job evaluation, and data analysis.
- Strong understanding of HR and payroll systems, how systems work together and the downstream impact of data quality.
- Experience with salary surveys (Payfactors, Radford, Mercer, OptionsImpact and others).
- Demonstrated experience/maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Global benefits and executive compensation experience preferred
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Complete introductory conversations with all key brokers, vendors, and other strategic partners and establish self as a primary contact responsible for managing vendor, consultant, and outsourced relationships.
- Become deeply familiar with our benefits offerings as well as our payroll, HRIS, and compensation systems. We want you to dive in and help us find ways we can optimize our processes. Don’t be afraid to give us feedback. We welcome it.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Conduct career development conversations with members of the People Ops team to identify opportunities for continued learning both at the individual team level.
- Perform an audit of all People Ops practices, HRIS workflows, and overall data integrity with the goal of identifying strategies to improve efficiency for our employees, managers, other data stakeholders, and our People Ops teams.
- Lead the finalization of our HRIS Implementation including platform optimization and building out workflows.
- Take a lead role in developing our overall benefits strategy in preparation for our 2020 Open Enrollment.
- Work closely with brokers and outside counsel to ensure plans remain in compliance, including annual 5500 filings, audits, communications, amendments, and plan documents.
- Partner with other members of HR, Finance, and Management to ensure jobs are priced according to market and the corporate compensation philosophy.
- Participate in external compensation surveys.
- Create and maintain the job catalog and the position evaluation process. Ensure proper classification of employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Create, generate, and maintain effective HR reporting, including turnover, headcount, recruiting, organization charts, and other key metrics to drive organizational effectiveness.
- Oversee Sprout’s leave programs including ensuring compliance with all applicable federal and state statutes, including (but not limited to) FMLA and ADA.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Design, develop, and implement a total rewards strategy including compensation and incentive programs, non-monetary recognition program, health, welfare, retirement programs, including voluntary benefits programs and benefit programs to ensure organizational equity and competitiveness. Develop salary framework to support the strategy.
- Be completely at home as a critical member of the People team as well as the company as a whole, with a deep understanding of the team’s needs.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to continue to advance our People Ops team and Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!