Manager Learning Technology at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
The Manager, Learning Technology is responsible for operational effectiveness of system-wide learning platforms within a complex global and matrixed organization. The manager must be a people leader and effective problem solver with the ability to recognize and anticipate issues, identify and solve tactical problems and translate solutions into meaningful plans at a functional and global scale.
In this role, you will:
- Have learning platform ownership; stability, process management, platform usability and enhancement.
- Lead, handle and develop the learning administration team, ensure duplicity of knowledge across resources.
- Be a specialist on platform functionality to solution with the business on requests, effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical users. Demonstrable ability to summarize for a leadership audience is required.
- Responsible for platform governance. Review and ensure platform standards are effective, scalable and documented and including maintenance processes and annual review.
- Responsible for gathering enhancements and issues and prioritizing with IT and vendor on delivery and implementation.
- Lead/handle multiple complex projects, priorities and produce results in critical areas both as a team leader and team member.
- Act as specialist on learning data availability, structure, requirements and output options. Partner with Global People on reporting requirements and centralization efforts.
- Review and recommend new technology to meet business needs.
- Passionate to lead and develop the team, shown people management skills
- Constantly focused to improve the current state; process, quality, lean
- Set priorities, lead and deliver execution excellence
- End-user customer centric; internal and external customer focused
- BA/BS degree
- Experience with cloud-based solutions, learning platforms and/or instructional design
- Demonstrated experience with system implementations, upgrades and documentation
- Demonstrated project management experience on complex, time-bound initiatives
- Experienced Excel and/or BI, Tableau or other report generation software
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.