Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
The HR Project Manager will support the goals of the Plant HR team, provide assistance/oversee a variety of HR programs and functions, and receive direction from the Director of Field HR. This position will ensure detailed project management and support of HR projects, procedures, and communications in a manner that is reflective both of legal and regulatory issues and organizational culture/standards. The Project Manager will proactively follow up with the individual HR team members who will execute the HR components of the project and be a point of contact to the Plant HRM's for employee concerns. Additionally they will partner with the HR Business Partners to appropriately address concerns and help to ensure we drive to the right resolution as needed.
- Employee Relations/ Business Partnership:
- Be a point of contact to the Plant HRM's for employee concerns.
- Partner with the HR Business Partners to appropriately address concerns and help to ensure we drive to the right resolution as needed.
- Serve as a local resource on employee issues and concerns and partner closely with the Director of HR on employee and management relations in addressing specific complaints and concerns.
- Act as liaison between Human Resources Managers and Director of Field HR regarding site specific needs.
- Provide advice, guidance and on HR related site initiatives.
- Provides guidance to HRM's to identify opportunities to decrease manual processes and streamline HR to create a more value-added function and reduce operational risk as new business needs emerge/change
- Partners with Director of Field HR and collaborates with other HR team members to define and prioritize projects
- Develop and manage process documents, project documents, including procedures, proposals, status reports, KPIs, and presentations
- May act as a Subject Matter Expert in a given area of the HR organization and provides guidance as needed
- Drive consistency in employee experience and engagement, collaborate with the HRM's on people initiatives.
- Collaborate with field HRMs on employee handbooks, forms, and benefit material, to increase efficiency for employees and company while reinforcing our culture, values, and mission
- Protects interest of employees and the company in accordance with company policies and governmental laws and regulations
- Ensure company stays in compliance with all HR related local, state and federal regulations
Qualifications:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, strong problem-solving skills, good judgement
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive and confidential information
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate success in designing, leading, and achieving projects and workgroup initiatives
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Timekeeping, ATS, HRIS, etc)
- Knowledge of employment laws and applications of legislation and process
- Advanced conflict resolution skills
- Proven experience in proactively coaching leaders and providing strategic guidance on complex people management issues and strategies
- Superior communication skills – convey confidence, empathy and trust via candor and diplomacy to build effective relationships
- 5-8 years HR experience preferably in plant or fulfillment center.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here