Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We’re on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
We are looking for a Payroll Analyst to support its growing operations in Chicago. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role will manage the day-to-day payroll while continually striving to enhance the speed and quality of the processes and documentation as the company grows. Additionally, the role will work closely with other departments (People, Legal and FP&A).
What you’ll Do:
- Handle all payroll activities (collecting, calculating, and entering data) as it relates to processing payroll
- Collaborate with Finance and People teams on all payroll matters with cross-functional impact such as accurate benefit information, new hires processes, cash, bonus, terminations and other projects impacting payroll
- Check and audit timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintain time and attendance records, review new hires information, post changes in pay and tax status.
- Adhere to internal control processes including payroll balancing and other internal control compliance.
- Process and review of all Garnishments/Tax Levies/Support orders as necessary
- Communicate and document issues / changes in each payroll cycle/payroll process (e.g., off cycles, new earnings/deduction codes etc.).
- Track bonus / guarantees, taxable fringe benefits etc.
- Acts as first point of contact for employee issues; to troubleshoot and determine solutions
- Review and resolve all state tax notices and work with payroll vendor’s tax department
- Participate in month-end closing for all payroll and benefit / 401K related accounts
- Troubleshooting GL reporting / JEs and maintaining GL interface in payroll system
- Assist Controller with annual financial statement audit (e.g., maintain payroll walkthroughs) and tax
- Produce ad-hoc reports for various types and levels of end users
- Communicate, maintain and apply current knowledge of laws and regulations related to payroll taxes, wage and hour legislation and company policies.
- Coordinate internally to build / map out integrations and or improve processes from onboarding to Paylocity and the General Ledger.
- Payroll software proficiency, particularly with Paylocity
- 5-6 years’ experience with like experience in a multi-state payroll environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong technical and analytical problem-solving skills, with an ability to troubleshoot issues
- Team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Organized, detail-oriented, and have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can work in a fast-paced, fast-growth, high-energy environment and deal with multiple high priority activities concurrently
- Exceptional research skills and resourcefulness
- FPC or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) highly desired
- Experience with other countries
- Experience with payroll implementations or other payroll systems