Payroll Manager at SilkRoad Technology
SilkRoad is the world's leader in strategic onboarding for global workforce readiness and transformation. We help organizations prepare their people for change by designing intentional, personalized journeys to increase retention and maximize agility throughout their careers. SilkRoad combines our leading strategic onboarding capabilities with world-class consulting services to deliver highly scalable, personalized experiences that engage employees and drive long-term business performance such as productivity, profitability, growth and agility.
SilkRoad is seeking a dynamic Payroll Manager to manage payroll administration and all related functions. The Payroll Manager is a key member of the Finance team that works closely with the Human Resources team as well.
Your contributions to Silkroad will include:
- Review new and changed employee details in the payroll system and reconcile to appropriate documentation. Process changes to employee payroll data.
- Maintain payroll related validation tables in ADP payroll. Coordinate with ADP to set up new earnings, deductions codes, special calculations such as 401(k) match, GTL, state withholding, unemployment and local tax accounts.
- Coordinate with ADP any changes that affect the general ledger interface from ADP.
- Manage semi-monthly and one-off multi-state and Canadian payroll runs, including all withholdings and garnishments. Ensure accuracy, resolve any discrepancies, and prepare related reports.
- Perform month end close for payroll and related accounts.
- Ensure compliance of ADP and Ceridian Canada tax filing with regards to federal, state, and local filings.
- Ensure compliance with other relevant tax (not included in ADP & Ceridian tax filing), workers compensation and other regulations.
- Prepare reports from payroll system to upload into Fidelity 401(k) and Basic FSA each pay period.
- Prepare and provide schedules and documents for audits (e.g. financial, 401(k), workers compensation).
- Input employee stock options into an equity plan management system, maintain employee records, and record stock option activity.
- Manage annual W-2, T-4 process and prepare annual tax forms 3921 for exercised options.
- Document and assess current processes and implement improvements to controls and processes.
- Maintain current knowledge of payroll-related federal and state regulations.
- Prepare and review additional analysis and reports, and other special projects, as requested.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to work autonomously.
- Strong organization and time management skills and an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- High level of discretion and a clear and professional verbal and written communication style.
- Proficiency with ADP and Excel. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus. Experience implementing new accounting systems is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) certification.
- Minimum of seven years' full cycle multi-state payroll experience for at least 100 full time and hourly employees in the US and Canada. Other international experience is a plus.
- Experience using ADP payroll system and ADP reporting.
- Experience working in a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) or other technology company is a plus.