WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro's Talent and Development (T&D) team works to make our organization an engaging, inclusive home for Centrons to develop their careers and create positive change in the ad tech industry. T&D is made up of four collaborative teams: Talent Acquisition (recruits top talent for Centro), Talent Operations (provides benefits, payroll, perks, and a system support for Centro), Education and Development (leads training and education for Centro employees), and Talent Partners (heads up professional development, management resources, and employee relations).
Collectively, T&D is determined to bring the Centro Manifesto and guiding principles to life through our culture and practices. This team cultivates Raving Fans by constantly ideating on how to ensure every current and prospective employee receives the best experience possible.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
As a Payroll Specialist, you will assist with managing all payroll functions. You will be responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll accurately and in a timely manner. You will help to develop policies and procedures for payroll processing and timekeeping. You will work to ensure benefits, compensation and other employee payroll changes are captured. You will also maintain accurate vacation and sick leave accrual, overtime and withholding status. You will help maintain compliance with all government reporting requirements for payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions. You will contribute by:
- Processing semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls on time and accurately, ensuring all payroll changes from benefits, compensation and other T&D team members are accurately captured.
- Answering and resolving payroll, tax and garnishment questions while providing accurate information in a timely and concise manner to agencies, third party providers and employees.
- Interacting with various departments outside of Talent and Development such as accounting, finance and facilities.
- Assisting with processing monthly/quarterly tax reconciliations and communicate to external parties if there are any discrepancies.
- Troubleshooting and resolving employee payroll issues and communicating to employee in an effective, efficient manner; escalate complex issues, as needed.
- Reviewing and setting up all garnishment orders and providing timely correspondence with the impacted employee.
- Assisting with troubleshooting payroll/tax problems and communicating with OSV or other third-party providers when necessary.
- Creating and running audit reports to ensure accurate payroll and tax data.
- Assisting with maintenance and monitoring of state withholding and unemployment accounts across all states.
- Completing Employment verifications
- Processing employee onboarding documentation as it relates to payroll tax and work authorization including W4s and I-9s
- Ensuring Centro remains compliant by monitoring the expiration of work authorizations, including Visas and Work Permits, and informing the Immigration team of upcoming expirations.
- Preparing data to produce all Year-end documents including (but not limited to), W-2’s, T4’s, federal and state tax filings, ensuring accuracy of data across all parties.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2+ years of experience in payroll processing; additional accounting or human resources experience is a plus.
- Experience processing payroll in the US, Canada and Argentina
- Must be able to use independent thought to analyze data and make recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills, mathematical aptitude; excellent verbal and written communication skills, and advanced computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- Great attention to detail and desire to learn.
- Must be highly organized in a fast-paced environment with superior time management skills.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Accounting, Human Resources, Business or related field preferred
- Experience with Workday
- Strong ability to learn new technology and ramp-up quickly
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.