Are you a hands-on payroll professional with keen attention to detail and the ability for improving processes? We are looking for a motivated individual with high analytical capacity, attention to detail, and strong technical and interpersonal skills to join our team!
As the Payroll Specialist, you will be accountable for the accurate and timely processing, reporting, and support for all Vivid Seats payroll in the US and Canada. As a payroll subject matter expert, you'll use your excellent communications skills to serve as a consultant to colleagues and employees on payroll related inquiries while ensuring compliance with regulations applicable to payroll. You will play a key role in helping design and refine the policies and procedures to ensure seamless information flow between HR, Finance and Accounting teams.
- Prepare and process multi-state payroll for US and Canada payroll using ADP Workforce Now, researching and resolving employee payroll and ADP system inquiries or issues
- Process salary increases, terminations, retroactive and prorated payments
- Process child support orders, wage assignments, garnishments, and tax levies
- Generate and audit the full payroll process
- Ensure the accuracy of all statements issued to employees and taxing authorities and for general ledger transactions
- Coordinate and plan year-end W-2 processing
Reporting and reconciliations:
- Process 401K Funding (Fidelity) and maintain the 401K system
- Reconcile benefits enrollments and deductions
- Prepare accounting journal entries and accruals (NetSuite)
- Oversee employee expense reimbursements
- Keep up to date and ensure compliance with all state, local, and federal regulations and requirements
- Partner with ADP to ensure accurate filing of payroll tax returns, reports and documents
- Coordinate annual 401k and workers compensation audits
- Lead payroll projects and continuously look for ways to automate and improve payroll processes (i.e. auditing and reconciliation), streamline inefficiencies, enable reports for collaborating with HR, Compensation and Finance teams
- Train the organization on best practice use of ADP; time clock, employee access, managerial approvals, basic reporting, navigation and self-service
To be successful, you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant business discipline
- 3+ years of experience within a payroll or accounting department. Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Desire to increase payroll knowledge and expand overall responsibilities
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including experience with complex reconciliations
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to self-audit
- Experience enabling and generating reporting and analytics
- Strong business acumen and genuine interest in learning the business
- Experience with software systems, integrations and conversions preferred
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter - which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allows our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each employee direct accountability of creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, 401K matching, a generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks.
Our offices are located at:
111 N. Canal Street
Chicago, IL 60606