People Team Operations and Change Manager
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you’re looking to play a “back office” HR role, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our Shared Services team is the foundation of our culture and steward of our values. We partner with our internal clients and provide exceptional service to enable them to provide outstanding service to the firm’s clients. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a People Team Operations & Change Manager to join the People Strategy & Experience team. A role within this team means enabling the People team to focus on priorities by arming them with the right information & knowledge. The People Team Operations & Change Manager role is responsible for helping to manage the People Team initiative portfolio, including project portfolio decision making, financials (budgets, costs, benefits), and capacity management. Additionally, you will be responsible for defining and executing on a change management strategy to support our operating model evolution, and this also includes establishing a change management methodology to be leveraged by our Shared Services partners. You will need to partner across functions and with our Shared Services partners, requiring extensive data-backed analysis to influence decision making.
- People Team Portfolio Management
- Define a portfolio management process (intake, prioritization, financials, capacity management) for the People Team while partnering with our Enterprise PMO to ensure the process is adequate to support their team
- Lead and manage highly visible, cross-functional portfolio of strategic initiatives, including proactively communicating and reporting on overall initiative health and the defined KPIs/metrics for each initiative
- Communicate risks and issues and manage mitigation plans, accordingly
- Change Management Standard for Shared Services
- Establish a change management standard (methodology, tools, templates) for all Shared Services to use for driving change within the organization
- Prepare Shared Services to effectively leverage the defined change management standard (e.g. communications, training, etc.)
- Serve as a change leader by elevating themes and messages and influencing key stakeholders
- Change Management Strategy & Execution for People Team Operating Model Evolution
- Define & execute on a change management strategy for our People Team Operating Model evolution (includes vision & value, leadership engagement, communications, organizational alignment, training, and change readiness considerations)
- Develop change impact assessments to articulate benefits and impact of change
- Use diverse and compelling data-driven methods to communicate effectively and with partners at various levels, including senior leadership
- Lead an influencer network to mobilize change and serve as a feedback mechanism
- Analyze effectiveness of change efforts (metrics) to ensure objectives are met and benefits realized
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in portfolio management and change management principles and tools
- Ability to create structure around ambiguous assignments and manage complexity in terms of the work and stakeholders to deliver results in a compressed timeframe
- Ability to identify measures and metrics to assess effectiveness of efforts
- Strong financial acumen (budget, costs, benefits)
- Use best-in-class project management and stakeholder engagement techniques to influence broad group of stakeholders and senior leaders – without direct authority
- Strong foundation in problem solving, analytics, project management change management principles and tools
- Strong communications skills; superior editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills and ability to influence stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Organizational Development, or related field required; Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 10 or more years of portfolio management and organizational change management experience in support of complex, transformative projects
- Experience in a professional services environment desirable
- Proven track record of critical thinking; synthesizing data to address complex problems via achievable strategies/solutions
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong prioritization skills
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and influence stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, nimble, professional environment
- High proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.