Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Upwork is the world’s top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
Enterprise Program Success is responsible for guiding our Enterprise users to desired results, driving regular engagement and adoption on Upwork. The contingent staffing solutions within our small-to-medium sized (SMB) enterprises will be looking to you for strategy, support, and best practices for success. You'll maintain and grow these customer relationships to maximize their business use-cases and return. This role reports to our Manager of Enterprise Program Success and is based in our Chicago, IL headquarters.
- Collaborate with the Sales, Operations, and Solutions teams to architect world class freelancer programs and standard operating procedures
- Improve user conversion and retention metrics through proactive communication and account-wide strategies
- Represent Upwork Enterprise to our clients and support their talent programs
- Develop positive working relationships with client engagement managers, internal Upwork teams and freelancers, and escalate issues when needed
- Identify, research and resolve program operations issues related to service fulfillment, product issue escalation, independent contractor compliance, reporting and billing
- Achieve program SLA’s by operational excellence, tracking, and swift resolution of issues
- Consistently insert yourself into our innovative process, from product to process, we're always looking to improve
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5+ years relevant Account Management experience - SaaS, recruiting/staffing, or contingent workforce program (MSP) experience is a plus
- Proven record of driving results in high-growth companies
- Ability to self-manage book and priorities
- Time management excellence
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and multitasking abilities that allow you to complete a project from planning to full completion
How to really knock our socks off:
- 3+ years experience managing enterprise level clients
- Experience working with independent contractor compliance issues
- Experience working with contingent workers or SOW suppliers with remote workforces with technical and creative talent
- Experience with VMS platforms and the source to pay lifecycle for contingent workers specifically around invoicing and payments.
- Strong abilities with Excel and Google Apps, specifically analyzing and creating ad-hoc reports using pivot tables or macros is a plus.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.