Summary of the Recruiter II role
SMS Assist is seeking an individual to join our recruiting team. SMS Assist is growing rapidly, and our recruiting team plays a key role in staffing the organization to exceed business demands. This individual will play an important role on a fast-paced recruiting team. We are looking for an individual with prior recruiting coordinator and/or sourcing experience to step in and take ownership of our applicant tracking system, interview scheduling process, phone screening process, etc. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to contribute to a growing business and be a key member of the team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills, and love working with people, please read on!
Core Responsibilities of the Recruiter II role
- Build and manage strong relationships with candidates, leaders and key members of our SMS team to help ensure the timely scheduling of telephone and face-to-face interviews in a high-volume, high-touch environment
- Lead the administration and organization of our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), which will include creating requisitions and job descriptions, screening resumes, corresponding with candidates, entering candidate notes, retrieving existing reports, and developing ad hoc reports as requested
- Coordinate and communicate with the front desk, IT and other office support for candidates and new hires
- Organize and schedule interviews and interview ‘blitzes’ during recruiting surges
- Lead resume screening and phone interviews for our entry-level Assistant and Associate positions
- Assist with coordination of candidate calibration/post-interview debrief meetings and providing debrief materials
- Assist with creating job offers for all levels
- Assist with scorecard data gathering and input
- Assist with developing weekly recruiting update to keep recruiting team current on status of open jobs, candidate follow up, etc.
- Manage applicant and new hire paperwork and create new hire packets
- Assist with calendar planning for Director and Manager
- Identify opportunities for improving candidate experience and scheduling efficiency
- Provide administrative support and coordinate facilities for recruiting activities and candidate interviews
- Perform pre-employment screening checks (background checks) as directed
- Participate in special projects, candidate sourcing, and taskforces as assigned
Key Competencies of the Recruiter II
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communication skills with a focus on asking questions and listening to understand.
- Process oriented or desire to follow processes to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Possess examples of ability to coordinate, plan and schedule
- Experience maintaining a database and generating reports
- Ability to work independently
- Must be proactive and be able to multi-task a high volume of positions, candidates, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of key HR information
- Desire to grow within a corporate recruiting department
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
Education and Experience requirements for the Recruiter II
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (3+ years of equivalent experience)
- 1+ years of recruiting and/or sourcing experience is required
- Staffing Agency or related business experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
Additional Requirements of the Recruiter II
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.