Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Our outstanding Talent Acquisition team’s mission is to secure top talent for the Upwork organization while providing a positive candidate experience. The TA team is looking to add a dynamic Sales Recruiter to help grow our exceptional and growing Sales organization. You will be responsible for the strategy and execution to find and hire qualified talent for all of our sales positions in our Chicago office.
The Sales team this role supports brings our workforce solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. Many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2020. As a result, more companies are moving towards flexible workforce solutions and many are using online staffing platforms to embrace this shift. Today 30% of the Fortune 100 are already using Upwork to get more work done.
- You will handle full-cycle recruiting; create and execute unique and effective sourcing strategies and techniques to find professionals across a variety of roles within our sales organization.
- Consistently generate a healthy pipeline of high-quality candidates by driving initiatives such as branding, networking events, sourcing, and referrals.
- Build solid relationships with sales leadership teams and serve as a talent partner and subject matter authority before, during, and after the recruiting process.
- Proactively engage in our diversity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Sales recruiter in the high-tech industry, where you’ve seen effective, scalable recruiting processes in action.
- Strong recruiting fundamentals including full-cycle candidate management.
- Background in diversity and inclusion initiatives including sourcing, campus recruiting and other local events.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and handle a large and diverse requisition load in a dynamic, constantly changing work environment.
- Strong ATS and LinkedIn sourcing skills
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience running a fast-paced yet structured interview process in a high-volume recruiting environment.
- A shown commitment to taking a unique approach to handling candidate pipelines and reporting on progress
- Exceptional written and oral communication with an ability to influence both candidates
- and hiring managers
- Enthusiasm for organizing and hosting recruiting events
- Experience working with a remote team
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.