Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Come make a difference in a growing meal solutions company, unlike any other! As the Human Resources Manager, you partner with our corporate leaders in all functions to drive our People Strategy. We strive to innovate and build our retail and E-commerce business. We also strive to be a place where employees want to come to work - where we improve the lives of our employees and their families. We serve customers across the country from our plants in Chicago, Atlanta, and our new facility in California. This role is located in our Corporate Headquarters in the newly renovated Old Post Office in Chicago. We’re looking for someone with experience partnering with leaders on their business and people initiatives, a drive to find innovative solutions, and the desire to build strong, collaborative relationships with your peers. Our growth comes with exciting developments and challenges, and we are looking for someone ready to make an impact.
You are responsible for providing HR partnership and consulting that will help build manager capability, develop employees, solve problems, and contribute to a positive employee relations climate. This role is focused on creating the right talent, right leadership and right culture to grow our business. You will be a key member of the HR team responsible for the development and execution of corporate HR strategies and initiatives and inspiring the corporate HR team -coming up with innovative ideas and solutions for people related initiatives and issues. You are adaptable - you can provide strategic guidance as well as roll up your sleeves and do day-to-day operational activities. This position reports to the VP of People and works closely with all members of the corporate and plant HR team.
- Provide partnership, advice and oversight to corporate leadership on all People initiatives and issues
- Provide guidance and coaching to leaders and managers related to employee relations, performance management, organizational structure, change and improvement.
- Serve as primary strategic partner to select organizations, developing HR strategies, needs assessments and resulting HR solutions
- Become a trusted advisor to leaders, managers and employees.
- Proactively identify and analyze data to find opportunities and trends impacting the organization.
- Recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
- Be a change steward and ensure quality execution of employee change management initiatives
- Influence people plans within customer groups to deliver business results, up to C-suite leader level
- Execute operational aspects of people management, utilizing knowledge of policies to coach leadership and employees and provide employee relations support and guidance
- Own and lead key projects in all areas of HR including performance management, employee relations, org design,succession planning, etc.
- Serve as an owner for key projects and/or corporate people initiatives
- Delegate projects/tasks to other members of corporate HR team
- Partner collaboratively with other HR team members and key partners- Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, ER, Plant HR,Org Health, Finance/Payroll, etc
- Partner with managers and Talent Acquisition to identify, select and develop talent
- Work collaboratively with employee relations to solve problems, identify trends, and suggest solutions for creating a positive ER climate
- Work with Total Rewards on comp and benefits related projects
- Partner with Plant HR to identify solutions for all Home Chef employees
- Serve as a leader in Corporate HR
- Motivate/ train team members and hold employees accountable to high standards of performance
- Plan and implement effective change management strategies, communications, and training in support of major organization change initiatives
- Provide support, including hiring, new hire orientation, staffing, compensation, wellness and benefits, training, development, team relations, D&I and engagement and compliance.
- Develop and implement streamlined HR processes, procedures and SOPs
- Approach situations in new, innovative ways.
- Develop and implement streamlined HR processes, procedures and strategic initiatives
- Create and/or upgrade existing HR processes and procedures to benefit the organization.
- Think broadly and creatively, beyond immediate details and issues and existing mindset, to encourage forward-thinking ideas and approaches.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.5+ years of experience in a corporate HR environment.
- Prior experience in a startup or high growth organization preferred. 2+ years of experience managing and mentoring HR staff
- Strong understanding of HR policies and procedures, common employment laws
- Effective coaching, influencing, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt to continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities
- Strong leadership and change management or organizational development skills
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport and trusting relationships with all levels of organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication and team management skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Enjoys working in an agile, fast-paced, team environment
- Completion of 4-year degree. (preferably in a related field)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer