Senior Manager, Inclusion & Diversity at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That's why inclusion and diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking an Inclusion & Diversity Senior Manager to join the People Strategy & Experience (PSE) team. A role within the PSE team means promoting the firm’s values with excellence while focusing on broadening diversity and fostering an inclusive culture. In partnership with the broader PSE team, the I&D Senior Manager is responsible for implementing and integrating the firm’s I&D strategy into our daily operations. You will need to lead a small team, partner across functions, and collaborate with our line leaders and employees to facilitate our I&D strategy. You will have the opportunity to drive real value with our people by designing & implementing programming in line with the I&D strategy, creating new tools and resources, leading I&D governance activities, and serving as a change agent who leverages data and metrics to gain buy-in and inform future I&D investments. Additionally, we will look to you to set the tone for how we speak about our strategy with employees and candidates, alike.
- Execute on the I&D strategy roadmap aligned to the firmwide Employee Experience we are striving to create (includes direct project management of the initiatives within the I&D Strategy)
- Communicate across differences while leading a small team
- Partner with the People Team to address I&D opportunity areas (e.g. talent attraction, acquisition, retention, etc.)
- Lead and manage highly visible, cross-functional portfolio of strategic initiatives, including proactively communicating and reporting on overall initiative health and the defined KPIs/metrics for each initiative
- Define stakeholder expectations to ensure each stakeholder group (e.g. People team members, other Shared Services Partners, Line Leaders, etc.) understands how to integrate I&D recommendations into their operational processes
- Facilitate discussions, build trust and foster inclusivity (including preparing presentations) within the I&D Governing Body, ERG Leaders, and other People functions
- Influence the organization’s culture by establishing operating norms and routine tools/practices for all employees to embrace
- Influence future I&D training for the firm, while partnering with Talent & Leadership Development to design and refine the content of the training
- Serve as an I&D brand ambassador by elevating themes and messages within our internal strategy, to potential recruits (employment brand) and in our sales material to clients
- Build an internal and external network to further knowledge and awareness of industry trends which can in turn influence and facilitate organizational change
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to create structure around ambiguous assignments and manage complexity in terms of the work and stakeholders to deliver results
- Manage team effectively by balancing multiple priorities while also providing regular updates to leadership
- Use best-in-class project management and stakeholder engagement techniques to influence broad group of stakeholders and senior leaders
- Strong foundation in problem solving, analytics and project management principles and tools
- Strong communications skills: superior editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills and ability to influence stakeholders
- Strong presentation design skills to tell a compelling story, specifically within PowerPoint
- Broad thinking and perspective of current inclusion and diversity trends and change management best practices
- Understanding of how I&D integrates into employee experience programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Organizational Development, or equivalent experience required
- 6 or more years of experience with prior I&D leadership experience, leading and executing on a strategy, facilitating the associated change management process, and/or partnering with ERGs and cross-functional stakeholders to operationalize I&D recommendations
- Experience in a professional services environment desirable
- Proven track record of critical thinking; synthesizing data to address complex problems via achievable strategies/solutions
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong prioritization skills
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence
- Ability to adapt and multi-task in a fast-paced, nimble, professional environment
- High proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.