Talent Acquisition Director at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for a Talent Acquisition Director
This person will be responsible for day to day execution and leadership of the Talent Acquisition function at Built In. You’ll be tasked with building and improving on operational recruitment processes and development of the employment brand. We’re looking for someone who can find top talent today, while also innovating for the future.How you’ll contribute
- Drive operational excellence and compliance and sets high recruitment standards
- Own and implement innovative recruiting strategies that attract diverse, high-quality candidates
- Responsible for the ongoing strategy and development of the employment brand
- Work closely with all hiring managers on headcount planning and process
- Develop varied ways to create talent pipelines, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Identify and engage passive candidates through the use of our own websites, LinkedIn, Indeed and other contemporary search techniques
- Create job postings, screen resumes, interview candidates, develop and negotiate offers
- Use data and reporting to identify areas of improvement and make recommendations
- 5-10 years with full life-cycle recruiting experience and a strong network that can help source, attract and secure top talent in all areas and levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of hands on recruitment experience.
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking with the ability to find innovative ways to attract top talent.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and recruit for multiple positions to meet deadlines.
- Responsive and proactive in searching out opportunities and solutions to problems and acting on them.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle matters confidentially.
- Experience building and managing a talent acquisition team
- Experience as a technical recruiter
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.