Talent Acquisition Director
Hello, we’re Built In
Built In is the most powerful online recruiting solution for tech companies across seven U.S. markets. The network of Built In sites provides an exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at the innovative products and cultures of today's top tech companies. Currently HQd in Chicago, Built In operates sites in Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
By working at Built In, you’ll have the chance to work directly with the latest and fastest-growing technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points — talent and awareness — with our employer branding and recruitment solutions.
We’re looking for a Talent Acquisition Director
This person will be responsible for day to day execution and leadership of the Talent Acquisition function at Built In. You’ll be tasked with building and improving on operational recruitment processes and development of the employment brand. We’re looking for someone who can find top talent today, while also innovating for the future.
How you’ll contribute
- Drive operational excellence and compliance and sets high recruitment standards
- Own and implement innovative recruiting strategies that attract diverse, high-quality candidates
- Responsible for the ongoing strategy and development of the employment brand
- Work closely with all hiring managers on headcount planning and process
- Develop varied ways to create talent pipelines, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Identify and engage passive candidates through the use of our own websites, LinkedIn, Indeed and other contemporary search techniques
- Create job postings, screen resumes, interview candidates, develop and negotiate offers
- Use data and reporting to identify areas of improvement and make recommendations
What you need
- 5-10 years with full life-cycle recruiting experience and a strong network that can help source, attract and secure top talent in all areas and levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of hands on recruitment experience.
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking with the ability to find innovative ways to attract top talent.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and recruit for multiple positions to meet deadlines.
- Responsive and proactive in searching out opportunities and solutions to problems and acting on them.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle matters confidentially.
- Experience building and managing a talent acquisition team
- Experience as a technical recruiter
Built In is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.