We're Screencastify, the #1 screen recorder for Chrome. In 2020, Screencastify became K-12’s most used asynchronous video tool with more than 15 million users every week (!!!) recording, editing and sharing all sorts of amazing videos.
Now, we’ve created ambitious new goals, features, and products that will enable us to further improve how we provide service to our users and accelerate our already fast growth. Recently, we launched 2 new products: Screencastify Edit and Screencastify Submit, that will propel our company to the next level of success. We’ve set out to transform video in the classroom and make it not just a tool for remote learning, but an integral part of every student’s education.About the role:
To support our ambitious company goals, we've created big hiring goals... which is why we're hiring a Talent Acquisition Manager to help us achieve them! As Screencastify's first Talent Acquisition Manager, you will help refine and lead our talent strategy so we can source, recruit, and ultimately hire the best talent while ensuring we build processes that are equitable to candidates from all backgrounds, especially in regard to groups traditionally underrepresented in technology companies.
Why is this role so special?
You're set up for success. We've scaled a company from 5 to 50 employees in less than a year, and we've stayed true to our "people-first" values. Plus, our products are loved by millions of users around the world. Candidates are genuinely excited about the opportunity to work at Screencastify!
Have a massive impact. With your help, Talent Acquisition at Screencastify will build proactive, hyper-efficient, and equitable processes. You will directly impact how we source, recruit, and ultimately hire the team that is making video-based learning more accessible in classrooms around the world.
Work with an extremely talented team. In 2020, our team grew from less than 10 to over 50 employees and we still achieve results similar to companies 5x our headcount.
Join us at a magical time. We're bootstrapped, profitable, and support tens of millions of users, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
What you'll do:
- Drive and carry out the strategy to help us achieve our hiring goals for 2021 and beyond. This includes partnering with hiring managers to understand priorities around hiring and role creation.
- Conduct top-of-funnel recruiting activities to source candidates, ensuring our candidate pool is qualified and diverse. You'll become a champion of Screencastify culture and share that enthusiasm with candidates.
- Participate in the hiring process across multiple roles (often simultaneously), ranging from entry-level to senior leadership. In interviews, you'll screen for skills, previous experience, and values alignment. You'll coach interviewers on best practices and you'll also help guide managers through hiring decisions.
- Maintain our ATS (Workable) to ensure we're operating efficiently and effectively. You might also realize we need to re-evaluate the effectiveness of our ATS and lead us in a process to find a better solution for our needs.
- Work closely with the People Ops Manager to set strategies that help us realize our vision of creating a "people-first" work environment that fosters employee growth and belonging.
- Implement an employment branding strategy that positions Screencastify as an excellent place to work, driving active and passive candidates to engage with us.
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Have a proven track record as a recruiter, ideally in a start-up environment, and you've helped build a talent strategy, as well.
- Love to find creative ways to source and attract candidates.
- Have passion and grit. It's also very important to be organized, a good communicator, and empathetic.
- Have incorporated diversity, equity, and inclusion into every aspect of your talent acquisition practices (and beyond!)
We encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. You do not need to fit this exact mold.
Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
401k plan + match. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.