The Role: As a Talent Acquisition Manager, you'll be responsible for bringing in great people to Morningstar and creating a positive team environment for others to succeed in this endeavor as well. We seek someone who is passionate about hiring the best, values creating a great candidate experience, and understands the importance of finding talented people with a passion for our mission to create great products that help investors reach their financial goals. If you want to be part of finding and developing our next generation of Great People at Morningstar, talent acquisition is the team for you. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Manage the day-to day functioning of a division within the North American talent acquisition team to hire swiftly and efficiently, while maintaining superior quality standards.
- Train new Talent Acquisition Specialists on recruiting best practices and processes, and on ensuring our news hires experience a smooth transition from recruitment to onboarding.
- Coach and mentor existing team members to meet and exceed their goals and support their career development plans.
- Collaborate with the North American talent acquisition manager, talent and culture business partners, the talent acquisition operations leader and domain leaders on identifying challenges and streamlining processes to ultimately ensure an exceptional employee and hiring manager experience.
- Potential to manage our talent acquisition operations team, who handles essential recruitment processes such as interview scheduling and employment background checks.
- In addition to management and operations project responsibilities, act as a highly productive recruiter yourself to stay current on the needs, practices, and challenges facing your team.
- Enthusiastic promoter of Morningstar's mission and values to internal and external clients; inherent curiosity about Morningstar's business.
- Great verbal, written, and data-oriented communication skills.
- Proven success in process improvement; good command of data and analytics.
- Skilled at influencing stakeholders and experienced in leading change.
- Ability to present data to key stakeholders, establishing credibility and building trust with team and internal clients.
- 3-5 years of recruiting and/or HR experience, including complete understanding of full-cycle recruiting.
- 2+ years leading a team and/or a strong ability and desire to coach and mentor team members.
- Proficiency working with tools of the recruiting trade, including applicant tracking systems and sourcing tools.
- An ownership, client service and entrepreneurial mindset, with experience in seeking creative solutions to business challenges.
- Bachelor's degree.