Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter
Due to our company's growth, we are looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter to join our team. This is a fast-paced position with the opportunity to contribute directly to hiring great talent for our company. The Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter will be focused on hiring our Operations/Customer Service staff, who have a direct and immediate impact on our customers and business.
Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter Core Responsibilities
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter will partner with hiring department leadership across the company to understand staffing needs and staff required positions in a timely manner
- Take ownership of assigned departments – understand their business processes, structure, staffing needs, relationships, etc. in order to provide quality internal customer service
- Engage in active and passive recruiting/pipelining for assigned positions/departments.
- Build and manage strong relationships with candidates, leaders and key members of our SMS team to help ensure the timely staffing of roles in a high-volume, high-touch environment
- Lead the administration of our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), which will include creating requisitions and job descriptions, screening resumes, corresponding with candidates, entering candidate notes, retrieving existing reports, and developing ad hoc reports as requested
- Provide hiring department and HR leadership with ongoing updates on progress of staffing positions
- Assist and/or lead development of job descriptions, interview forms, candidate calibration processes, and other recruiting department needs
- Play key role in recruiting process for international candidates/students
- Lead coordination of facilities for recruiting activities and candidate interviews
- Coordinate and communicate with front desk, IT and other office support for candidates and new hires
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter will organize and schedule interviews and interview ‘blitzes’ during recruiting surges
- Lead interview process for all levels of the organization from Administrative Assistant to Executive positions
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter will lead candidate calibration/post-interview debrief meetings and decision making process
- Coordinate and deliver job offers and conduct negotiation process
- Assist with scorecard data gathering and input
- Create weekly recruiting update to keep recruiting team current on status of open jobs, candidate follow up, etc.
- Manage applicant and new hire paperwork and create new hire packets
- Perform pre-employment screening checks (background checks) and reference checks
- Identify opportunities for improving candidate experience and scheduling efficiency
- Participate in special projects, candidate sourcing, and taskforces as assigned
Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter Key Competencies
- Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter must have the ability to form strong relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization and with external candidates
- Strong communication skills with a focus on asking questions and listening to understand.
- Ability to work independently
- Must be proactive and be able to multi-task a high volume of positions, candidates, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of key HR information
- Desire to grow within a corporate recruiting department
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (3+ years of equivalent experience) is needed for the Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter role
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter should have a minimum of 2-3 years of full-cycle recruiting experience is required
- Prior HR or Staffing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Traits: attention to detail, ability to work under pressure
Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter Additional Requirements
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
Talent Acquisition Specialist/Recruiter Job Classification
- This is a full time exempt position
- Internally this position is known as Talent Acquisition Coordinator
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.