At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a Talent Business Partner for our Talent Management team to provide leadership, business partnership and deliver best-in-class solutions. This role is located in Chicago and will provide talent leadership and support for Practices in our Chicago office.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing daily leadership in the areas of performance management, career development, employee engagement and relations as well as being a workplace culture champion. The Talent Business Partner will collaborate with Chicago Practice/Function Leaders and Senior Talent Management leaders to execute strategic human capital plans that support the needs and priorities of the business and drive proactive, strategic, forward-thinking solutions to employee and organizational issues.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide leadership, HR expertise and coaching to managers and employees with specific focus on: employee retention, employee advocacy/engagement, employee relations management, performance management, compensation, and career development and talent assessment
- Build credible and trusting relationships with employee populations to help facilitate effective employee communications and relations
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported & resolved
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues
- Lead key HR processes including talent review, compensation planning for location/practice areas
- Employee onboarding and orientation
- Talent Champion, helping develop, engage and retain talent
- Contribute to the business by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
Here's what you need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources, business or related field
- A minimum of (8) or more years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a professional services or management consulting firm
- Demonstrable experience with, or knowledge of, employment law
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present, influence and collaborate at the leadership level
- Ability to travel to other West Monroe office locations (~20%)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services in a fast paced, high change environment
- Strong skills at building relationships with various levels in an organization
- Strong facilitation, influencing and conflict resolution skill
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.