Technical Recruiter at Screencastify
We're Screencastify, the #1 screen recorder for Chrome. More than 12 million people use Screencastify every week (!!!) to record, edit and share all sorts of amazing videos.
In K-12 classrooms around the world, teachers and students are using Screencastify to create instructional videos, record presentations, give better feedback, and much much more. In 2020, Screencastify became K-12’s most used asynchronous video tool. The majority of US teachers now use Screencastify to record and edit videos used for remote and hybrid learning.
While we already had a passionate community of millions of educators, nothing could have prepared us for the growth we’ve seen this year. We’ve created ambitious new goals, features, and products that will enable us to further improve how we provide service to our users and accelerate our already fast growth. In September, we launched 2 new products: Screencastify Edit and Screencastify Submit, that will propel our company to the next level of success. We’ve set out to transform video in the classroom and make it not just a tool for remote learning, but an integral part of every student’s education.
About the role:
To support our ambitious company goals, we've created big hiring goals... which is why we're hiring a Technical Recruiter to help us achieve them! As our Technical Recruiter, you'll help us find, recruit, and ultimately hire the best technical talent while ensuring we provide equitable opportunity to candidates from a variety of backgrounds, especially in regard to groups traditionally underrepresented in tech.
Why is this role so special?
You're set up for success. We've built a company that's truly "people-first" and our products are loved by millions of users around the world. Candidates are genuinely excited about the opportunity to work at Screencastify!
Have a massive impact. Schools and districts depend on Screencastify to digitize their curriculum and communication. You'll help build the team that is making video-based learning more accessible in classrooms around the world.
Work with an extremely talented team. A team of 10 has built a product used by millions of people. We've achieved more than teams 10x our size by solving problems that matter and putting quality above all else.
Join us at a magical time. We're profitable and support tens of millions of users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
RequirementsWhat you'll do:
- Conduct top-of-funnel recruiting activities to source technical candidates, ensuring our candidate pool is qualified and diverse
- Screen candidates for technical skills, previous experience, and values alignment
- Help maintain our ATS (Workable) to ensure we're operating efficiently and effectively
- Create and maintain hiring reports to share with internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with the People Operations Manager and hiring managers to understand priorities around hiring and the technical requirements for each role
- Become a champion of Screencastify culture and share that enthusiasm with candidates
- Have a proven track record for hiring mid-senior technical talent in a high-growth environment (in-house experience preferred)
- Have a broad network of active & passive candidates and stay engaged in the tech community
- Love to find creative ways to source and attract candidates
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills
- Have incorporated diversity, equity, and inclusion into every aspect of your talent acquisition practices
We encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. You do not need to fit this exact mold.
Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
401k plan + match. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.