We're Screencastify, the #1 screen recorder for Chrome. In 2020, Screencastify became K-12’s most used asynchronous video tool with more than 15 million users every week (!!!) recording, editing, and sharing all sorts of amazing videos.
Now, we’ve created ambitious new goals, features, and products that will enable us to further improve how we provide service to our users and accelerate our already fast growth. Recently, we launched 2 new products: Screencastify Edit and Screencastify Submit, that will propel our company to the next level of success. We’ve set out to transform video in the classroom and make it not just a tool for remote learning, but an integral part of every student’s education.About the role
As we set out to achieve our ambitious goals, we need to hire the best talent and create the conditions for our employees to thrive. As Screencastify’s VP of People, you’ll own the People function, our growth strategy, and champion our inclusive and collaborative culture. This role is critical to the success of Screencastify over the next 18 months and beyond.Why is this role special?
You’re in control. The future of the People functions at Screencastify will follow your vision. You’ll work closely with the CEO, who will help guide you as you execute it. But ultimately, this is your show!
You’re set up for success. You’ll be leading a department of two hardworking and dedicated individuals, a People Operations Manager and a Talent Acquisition Manager, who have already laid the foundation for a successful People function. With your leadership, this department will thrive.
You’ll be boarding a rocketship. Screencastify has experienced meteoric growth over the past year. If done well, you’ll play a critical role in setting our sights away from the moon and towards Mars.
Join us at a magical time. We're bootstrapped, profitable, and support tens of millions of users, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
RequirementsWhat you’ll do…
- Lead the People team, which includes our People Operations Manager and Talent Acquisition Manager. You’ll help create career paths and identify growth opportunities for them, as well as hire for additional roles on the People team as necessary.
- Serve as a key member of our Executive team, providing expertise in matters related to our employees, our growth strategy, and our culture.
- Build + execute the strategy to scale Screencastify from 70 employees to nearly 200 within the next 18 months. This includes talent acquisition, on-boarding, career pathing, and retention efforts.
- Implement policies and processes that cultivate a culture of respect, transparency, and feedback.
- Iterate on Screencastify’s total rewards strategy to ensure we’re competitive and equitable in our approach to compensation and benefits.
- Offer guidance on employee issues that may arise, and also identify methods of prevention.
- Be a strategic partner to our DEI Committee, supporting its efforts and offering guidance as necessary.
- You have 10-15 years of experience in a variety of Human Resources/People functions, including: organizational development, talent acquisition, performance management, benefits + compensation, and learning + development.
- You have over 5 years of leadership experience (Director +). Previous experience serving as a VP of Human Resources/People is a huge plus.
- You’ve worked in start-ups or rapidly scaling companies. Working at companies with distributed teams, international employees, or remote-friendly policies is a huge plus.
- You have your SHRM-SCP, SPHR, or MBA in Human Resources.
- You’re passionate about DEI and have experience implementing policies and processes that operate with a focus on DEI.
- You are empathetic, hardworking, and kind.
Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
401k plan + match. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.