Manager, Sales Development
Sprout Social is looking for a Manager of Sales Development with experience in building and leading teams responsible for generating outbound interest and qualifying that interest for the Sales Acquisition team. This person must demonstrate past successes in sales leadership such as achieving quota consistently, hiring and developing salespeople, experience with software sales, and seeing the value of strong customer relationships within a sales process.
Sprout Social is used by over 19,000 brands worldwide including Adobe, Pepsi, Google, Hyatt, and Evernote. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- Lead and manage a team of Business Development Representatives who do cold outreach to generate interest in Sprout Social
- Manage and forecast top of funnel from an outbound model
- Consistently achieve monthly quotas at the team level
- Partner heavily with marketing and sales to collaborate on account strategies
- Provide strategic guidance to team on how to qualify and sell Sprout Social as a must-have business tool to prospects
- Train, mentor, and coach BDR’s daily on specific account strategies, pipeline, and product strategy
- Execute at a high level while being very process oriented to measure success daily
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a sales management role - SaaS experience is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, related field OR equivalent experience
- Consistent track record of exceeding sales and / or retention quotas
- Confident hiring methodology to bring on new talent into a hunting role
- Deep understanding of creating and fostering an exciting and positive team culture
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic processes to increase team efficiencies
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Demonstrates understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- A passion for coaching and improving sales reps
- Demonstrates ability to deal with change and be a team player
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!