Associate Marketing Manager at Tock
Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe. This includes a robust reservation, pickup and delivery, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005—now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. From the start they were spending an average of $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations, problems Nick wanted to solve. Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to do just that — to design and develop a new, robust reservation platform to change the way people around the world search, book, and dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of May 2020):
- Awarded Built In’s “2020 Best Places to Work”
- Announced Tock’s platform will be powering JP Morgan Chase’s new Dining Program
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed almost $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
What We’re Looking For
The Tock marketing team is looking for a food-obsessed Associate Marketing Manager to contribute to some our most important efforts.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to our guest marketing email program, including managing the content calendar, building campaigns in MailChimp, updating audience lists, and QA’ing.
- Contribute to copywriting and proofreading across our guest and restaurant marketing.
- Help develop and maintain our content marketing program across email, blog, and social.
- Build and maintain an asset library of high-resolution photos for each customer we work with (Warning: this particular task may result in an insatiable hunger).
- 2-5 years of marketing experience
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, dependability, and a desire to learn and move fast
- Type A level of project management
- Familiarity with Excel, Google Analytics, MailChimp or other email marketing platforms
- Experience with Salesforce, SQL, ad buying platforms, and Figma or other design programs a plus
- Experience within the Hospitality industry is a plus—a passion for it is a must
The Marketing team has the exciting job of helping guests discover and experience something uniquely delicious. We also focus on growing interest and awareness of Tock globally across the restaurant, winery, and event industries. The team takes a data-driven approach to identify the most effective marketing channels. We pride ourselves on test and learn strategies and aren’t afraid to be a bit audacious (It’s easy when your CEO encourages it).
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.