Accessioning Lab Supervisor
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for an accessioning lab supervisor who will be responsible for overseeing day to day management of clinical accessioning laboratory.
What You’ll Do
- Operational management of the accessioning and path coordinator workflow, including staff scheduling, prioritizing workload, quality and compliance oversight and managing needs of a growing lab.
- Hiring, training, annual reviews, recognition, coaching, and corrective action for the accessioning and path coordinator teams.
- Audit LIMS reports daily to ensure all samples are processed in appropriate time frame and with high degree of accuracy.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Identify and document occurrences that deviate from defined procedures.
- Investigate and resolve all incident reports.
- Ensure inventory is appropriately stocked and organized.
- Analyze processes and continually make improvements to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated problem resolution and decision-making skills for operational and technical problems.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years experience working in a lab required.
- Proven ability to communicate well across teams and functions.