Asset Manager at SMS Assist
SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Asset Manager is responsible for developing and managing SMS Assist asset management programs, implementing technology and strategic relationships to reduce expenses, improving product quality and accessibility. Specifically, they are tasked with developing standard performance metrics and reporting to provide local leadership with the visibility necessary to evaluate and drive improvement in the asset retention and protection, and structure cost effective programs with suppliers that meet local and remote operational demands and drive product quality and consistency.
- Oversee installation of SMS QR Codes where applicable
- Review asset data submitted by vendor through QR code or One platform and vet for accuracy
- Contact manufacturers for manufacture date and warranty information when necessary
- Work with ARMS/Field Team to properly train affiliates in collecting the asset information needed from every piece of equipment
- Work with the Billing Department to verify that all assets are collected before releasing payment
- Work with Preventative Maintenance Team to verify all asset collection was obtained during PM visit
- Work with SME’s/Field Team for best practice of collecting asset information
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Consistently cleanse the full database to ensure accurate equipment information is being stored
- Travel Expected: up to 10% of the time
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service - Advanced
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication - Advanced
- Teamwork - Advanced
- Relationships - Advanced
- Negotiation – Advanced
- Organizational Awareness - Advanced
- Learning Agility - Advanced
- Analysis - Advanced
- Problem Solving - Advanced
- Process Orientation - Advanced
- Prioritization - Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Must be able to build a good repour with vendors
- Must be able to interact with vendors when issues arise with asset collection
- Candidate must be able to identify asset information for warranty purposes
- Be familiar with data collection and data entry
- Candidate should be able to work with/understand site asset survey and ARIA system within the ONE system
- Candidate will have to work with IT department to verify that all asset information is correct before uploading into the ONE system
- Candidate must take ownership of the ARIA platform & Data entry submitted by vendors
- Candidate must have a background in Facility Management & Mechanical aptitude
- Be familiar with WO’s/WO creation within the One system
- Computer Skills: Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
People Management Skills
- Proficient in all people management processes, including recruitment, performance management and reward
- Proficient in building, growing and developing a team; including department structure design and resourcing
- Proficient in coaching and developing individual team members to reach their potential
- Proficient in engaging a team through communication, processes, personal impact and influence
- High school diploma or equivalent background
- 5 years of experience in [relevant] field
- 5 years of management experience [preferred]
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.