Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe. This includes a robust reservation, pickup and delivery, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005—now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. From the start they were spending an average of $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations, problems Nick wanted to solve. Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to do just that — to design and develop a new, robust reservation platform to change the way people around the world search, book, and dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of May 2020):
- Awarded Built In’s “2020 Best Places to Work”
- Announced Tock’s platform will be powering JP Morgan Chase’s new Dining Program
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed almost $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
The Associate Hospitality Manager is a member of the Hospitality Team and is responsible for supporting our Hospitality Managers as they manage the Tock customer experience after implementation. Through ongoing training, Associate Hospitality Managers develop expertise in Tock’s services, processes, and policies. The successful candidate is an individual that demonstrates excellent communications skills, thrives in a fast- paced environment, and enjoys thinking outside the box.
This role is based in Chicago and reports to the Director of Hospitality.
Significant growth opportunity includes:
- Participate and contribute to a proactive customer support culture
- Provide feedback for the multi-channel support tools that support rapid service delivery execution and facilitate ease of use for customers
What you'll do
- Partner with Hospitality Managers on customer calls and training sessions
- Assist with the preparation and documentation for virtual training sessions for customers
- Reproduce and troubleshoot software and data issues in test environments
- Ensure incidents are accurately reported to management, and ensure each incident is formally documented for customers
- Maintain knowledge of Tock application, supported devices, third party integrations, processes, and policies and effectively communicates these to the customer
- Document and share customer feedback with internal teams and recommend creative solutions to improve the customer experience
- Create and maintain articles for Tock’s external Help Center
- Collaborate with teams such as Account Management, Engineering, Design, Sales, and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
What we’re looking for
- Passion for achieving customer satisfaction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment
- A quick learner that thrives in a fast-paced, high energy environment and is comfortable managing a wealth of information
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Experience using Salesforce and G Suite (a plus if you know Google Analytics)
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.