Billing Support Representative at SMS Assist
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Billing Support Representative supports the Billing Team by contacting vendors to retrieve outstanding invoices, researching and resolving invoice submission issues, and ensuring vendors have knowledge of invoice submission through the ONE portal. This position also supports the Billing Team by processing invoices as needed.
- Contact vendors to retrieve outstanding invoices
- Follow-up with vendors regarding invoicing delays, resubmission and/or corrections to bridge the gap between affiliates and our technology
- Partner with ARMs and Affiliate Relations, to achieve timely, accurate resolutions to vendor invoice submission issues
- Submit billing invoices through the company proprietary technology
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing specialized billing tasks with efficient and accurate results
- Responsible for clean-up of work orders that are rejected
- Communicating with the affiliates as needed to solve, resolve any issues
- Provides quality customer service to affiliates and internal stakeholders
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Foster a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- No travel expected
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service – Advanced
- Verbal Communication – Proficient
- Written Communication – Proficient
- Prioritization – Proficient
- Teamwork – Proficient
- Relationships – Proficient
- Organizational Awareness - – Proficient
- Problem Solving – Proficient
- Process Orientation – Proficient
- Prioritization – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Telephone Skills
- Data Entry Skills
- Keyboard Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organization/Attention to Detail
- Detail oriented
- Proficient Microsoft Outlook Skills
- Proficient Microsoft Excel Skills
- System Experience: Knowledge of word processing and database maintenance required
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1 year of equivalent work experience preferred
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Previous billing or invoicing experience is preferred
- Knowledge of SMS Assist client billing guidelines is preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.