Chief Operating Officer
Head of Operations
401 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
Ranked #21 in 2018 Chicago Tribune Top Workplaces
Ranked #10 in Glassdoor Top Work Culture and Leadership
2018 winner of National ‘Best and Brightest Companies to Work For Program’
As Head of Operations for our North American head office you’ll lead a multi-disciplinary team with accountability for overall service delivery to our growing North American client base, optimizing our world-class client journey and continuously improving team performance. In supporting our clients, your teams will provide personable, professional contact and work to ensure new clients are onboarded seamlessly and any issues are proactively and swiftly identified and resolved.
Acting as both a department head and a senior leader within our head office on downtown Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, you’ll be responsible for building, managing, coaching and appraising your teams – ensuring KPIs are met, enhancing performance and creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to deliver to their full potential. You’ll promote a climate of continuous improvement, constantly striving to make our operation more efficient and client focused.
Although willing and able to get involved in the smooth delivery of client work, you’ll naturallythink strategically – establishing new departments in line with our North American strategy and driving a strategic change programme. You’ll draw on your extensive expertise and knowledge to ensure change is managed and communicated effectively and that teams and individuals are brought along.
You’ll report into our Global Operations Director and Global Head of Client Services, working closely with our US CEO to deliver world class services to our clients and internal departments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading our performance-driven organization where individual and team targets motivate you to succeed.
- Using your strategic focus and proven ability to design and deliver a complex change programme.
- Communicating and actively servicing clients nationwide.
- Effectively communicating requirements to uphold our world-class standards.
- Utilising your experience managing client service and technical teams to find the right way to lead and encourage different groups with different mindsets.
- Gaining a detailed understanding of our key operating elements by department and managing accordingly
- Consistently presenting a clear client focus and confidently presenting to blue chip clients and business owners.
We want to hear from you if:
- You have operational expertise across the nation
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably with a background in a large, corporate organization or consultancy.
- You understand client services and technical teams’ requirements and how they support an effective client journey.
- You have the ability to communicate technical and systems specific terms to a layperson
- You thrive working in hyper-growth mode and can prioritise your work and time to keep pace in our dynamic environment.
- You’re a proven people manager with a highly personable leadership.
- You’re comfortable operating at the C suite level with the gravitas to build rapport with and influence senior leaders.
- You’re a self-starter, resilient and able to bring people with you.
- You’ve been there and done it. You ground strategy in previous experience but want to remain at the cutting edge and seek out innovation.
- You have the drive and ambition to develop your own function and show us what a world class client journey really looks like.
Perks of working at PHMG:
- A competitive six figure package
- Autonomy to make key decisions, demonstrate your expertise and impact global strategy
- Build your own department and scale your career as our North American business expands
- 20 days PTO plus up to 8 federal holidays
- Industry competitive health benefits package
- 401 K with company matching
- Free onsite parking
- Company provided on-site gym membership
PHMG is the world’s leading audio branding agency, working with 32,000 clients in 39 countries across the globe – including the likes of Audi, Adidas, Coca-Cola and Samsung. We are expanding across North America to increase our 80% share of the market and were named 2018 Chicago Winner for the ‘Best and Brightest Companies to Work For Program’ alongside: Verizon, Starcom, Sears and LaSalle Network.
Blending an exclusive Brand-Sound-Track™, creative copy and world-class voice artistry, we develop audio brands that represent the distinct identity of each individual client, with each element entrusted to the industry’s finest writing, composition and voiceover talent. These inspiring productions replace the beeps or silence traditionally heard on-hold, connecting with a captive audience to engage listeners, encourage inquiries and create the most professional company image in this vital channel for consumer communication. As a proud member of the ICS, PHMG is committed to delivering world class customer service – and has earned an outstanding overall client satisfaction rate of 98.5%.
PHMG is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.