Claims Support at Kin Insurance
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:57 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
While this role will start remote, we will require this individual to be based in our Chicago office.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Intern Insurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. In 2020, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida while expanding into other states.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
You’re the first line of defense for our claims customers: you’ll assist in most things claims. You’ll interact with customers mainly over the phone but via chat and email too. It’s important you’re knowledgeable in the property insurance space, so we’ll help you obtain your adjusters license.
When time permits, we’d love your help in updating forms, policies, procedures, and training materials. Our business is constantly growing and it’s important we make changes in real time.
A day in the life could include:
- Assists in general handling of correspondence and other file-related information
- Processes approved payments in the claims system
- Reassigns claims or adds details to clarify the loss
- Provides guidance and answers adjusters' file related questions
- Monitor claim assignments, adjuster profiles, and state licensing requirements
- Assists in performing security and compliance audits
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Superior customer service skills
- Empathy towards others
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with limited structure
- Proficient in Google suite or similar tools and ideally comfortable navigating multiple tools and windows at the same time
- A need for efficiency, always looking for ways to make processes better
- Bilingual Spanish speaker a plus, but not required
Read Full Job Description