Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $3 billion of assets, we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
The Client Success Onboarding Specialist will work towards supporting onboarding new accounts on to M1. This will be accomplished by supporting day to day operations, providing service and support to M1’s users and improving the customer-facing Support Center. They will also be responsible for aggregating user feedback related to onboarding that provides M1’s product team with actionable information to prioritize and develop features within the application. Overall, we are looking for a compassionate individual that will go above and beyond in improving our user’s experience with the platform.
What You'll Do
- Willingness to prepare, study and complete necessary FINRA licensing exams (SIE, series 7, and series 63 or 66)
- Review new account opening applications for completeness of KYC and AML.
- Correspond with prospective new accounts and clearing firms to collect and submit missing documents required to open a new account.
- Compile information and documents required to meet minimum record-keeping set by our various regulatory authorities.
- Support leadership in responding to any regulatory requests related to AML.
- Evolve the current KYC and AML processes to improve, streamline and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Development and maintenance of internal training and customer-facing support articles on new account processes in partnership with the Client Success Team Lead.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance. However, our Client Success team comes from a variety of backgrounds but are successful because of their ability to problem solve and think analytically
- 1-2 years of tangible work experience in operations, customer service, or working at a broker dealer
- Ability to take direct ownership of projects
- Organize with a keen eye and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Excelling written and oral communication
- Series 7, 66 or 99 preferred
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym