Client Success Specialist Lead at Civis Analytics
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
"Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and employees are remote until further notice. This is being closely monitored as the situation evolves. Although it’s likely our offices will reopen, positions hired outside of Civis office locations will be remote roles."What we are looking for
As a Client Success Specialist Lead, you will support our Civis software clients as the technical account manager for your book of business, providing proactive relationship management as the client’s Civis software expert. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring and directly supervising a team of Client Success Specialists for their success and career growth.
You’ll be the face of Civis Analytics for your clients, serving as the technical counterpart to our business counterparts to drive our clients to success. You’ll use your strong written and verbal communication skills to learn your client use cases and advocate for their needs.
You’ll support your team through complex challenges while proactively supporting process and training documentation.
You’ll take initiative to gain a deep knowledge of our product, understanding why our Platform and SaaS solutions work alongside how. You’ll work within our Client Success team and cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and Account Management to identify and drive solutions for our clients.
You must be able to work well with others who approach problems from different perspectives, but you will be expected to challenge and improve the way we operate.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1-3 years of management or team lead experience
- 2-4 years of relationship management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management abilities
- Proven ability to demonstrate empathy and advocacy for our clients needs
- Experience with SQL or R required
- Demonstrated success understanding client data challenges and translating them into solutions and action
- Interest in mastering new technologies, such as Tableau or VAN
- US Work Authorization
- Experience with Zendesk or other ticket software
- Experience with Tableau, Docker, GitHub, or other statistics software
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools
- Experience in software training
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW