Compliance Adminstrator at Echo Global Logistics
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
As part of the Compliance Department, the Compliance Administrator will assist in achieving various compliance objectives related to the onboarding and monitoring of carriers in Echo's network. This work requires strong customer service skills, and attention to detail. At times, this role will require independence and self motivation and at other times, it will require collaborating with different departments across Echo.
- Manage all incoming carrier documentation and update systems accordingly.
- Review carrier records and carrier background information.
- Support carrier representatives to assist in setting up new carriers and evaluating existing carriers.
- Review carrier qualifications and capabilities to transport specialty shipments.
- Communicate effectively across all departments.
- Maintain accurate database of carrier history.
- Review and confirm other departments are operating in compliance with established internal processes.
- Be knowledgeable of critical requirements and processes for proper carrier updating and onboarding.
Characteristics and Requirements:
- 1-2 years of related experience
- High school graduate or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Self-managed and motivated
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong attention to accuracy and timeliness
- Proven success in the areas of internal and external customer service and communication
- Deals calmly and effectively with stressful situations
- Projects a professional image of oneself and organization
- Ability to critically evaluate and analyze information to make objective decisions
- Proven ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and prioritize day-to-day operations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.