Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Let’s get to business. Avant is looking for a new Compliance Coordinator to join the complaint management team in Chicago.
As a Compliance Coordinator, you will be responsible for participating in Avant’s Compliance Program including account investigation and response, data management, and compliance-related quality assurance. In this role you must maintain a high degree of knowledge of consumer lending rules and regulations including but not limited to FDCPA, UDAAP, TILA, EFTA, TCPA, ECOA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, and FCRA. You will work with multiple business units to investigate and respond to negative feedback received from customers. You will also drive operational change and corrective actions to ensure Avant delivers a best-in-class customer experience, including proper adherence to rules and regulations. Additionally, you will conduct account investigation, necessary analysis, and due diligence.
What you do at Avant
- Assist management in tracking, investigating and responding to customer feedback.
- Provide recommendations to improve policies, procedures, potential efficiencies, and controls.
- Work collaboratively with other business groups within the company to evaluate potential issues, identify trends, and suggest process improvements.
- Maintain awareness of relevant regulations including but not limited to TILA, TCPA, FCRA, FDCPA, ECOA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, and UDAAP.
- Prepare work-papers according to the Compliance Management Program.
Why you are a fit for Avant
- BA/BS required.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite.
- Excellent ability to analyze and interpret data as well as state and federal regulations.
- Consumer compliance, customer service, or complaint handling experience (1-3 years) preferred.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.