Contractual Sourcing Operations Rep
As part of the Contractual Sourcing Department, this position will focus on providing operational support for Echo’s Contractual Carrier Network. The Contractual Sourcing Operations Rep will focus on internal routing guide management, tendering of contractual freight, customer service, and carrier relationships.
Essential Job Functions
- Tender Contractual business opportunities to Echo’s Contractual Carrier Network
- Collaborate with Carrier Sales Representatives on lanes that they have contractual options for
- Monitoring internal freight mix, to ensure shipments are being tendered to appropriate carriers and that customers are providing the expected freight per contractual agreements
- Track and trace shipments according to company policy.
- Monitor progress of shipments to ensure coverage, on-time performance and the resolution of mid-transit issues.
- Screen current and prospective carriers on a regular basis to ensure compliance with Echo’s standards.
- Respond to requests by Operations and Customer reps in a timely fashion.
- Various “special projects” focused on development of contractual sourcing network
- Manage and efficiently maintain contracts and documentation (hard and soft copies)
- Assist in carrier and customer outreach (phone and email)
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
- Well versed in industry terminology
- The ability to learn and effectively use Echo’s proprietary technology.
- Acts with a sense of urgency while maintaining accuracy and detail.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to establish productive internal and external relationships.
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to exude confidence and gain credibility with carriers.
- Works with integrity.
- Resilient, adaptable and dependable.
- Highly professional demeanor, even under stress.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.