Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it's career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help our award-winning technology company run effectively as you take on big challenges and find solutions with a position in Operations.
Use your problem-solving skills to shape the way others see Paylocity. Launch your career with us!
The programmer will be responsible for using system tools, SQL, and in some cases high-level language tools to develop custom solutions for our Payroll and HR system customers. They additionally may be required to interact with clients to gather requirements and will be developing solutions using financial and mathematical concepts.
Reports To: Manager Programming
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What You'll Do:
- Interface with customer payroll data using SQL and Reporting programs
- Test calculations, reports, and system configurations; troubleshoot problems
- Validate the functionality of the end product according to the requirement specifications
- Partner with internal teams to refine customer requirements or identify alternative solutions
- Set client expectations of dates for different milestones in the process
- Explain rules, interfaces, reports, and calculations to customers to ensure that the customizations meet their needs
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to demonstrate an intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Technical background including competence in SQL Server and SQL Reporting
- Strong knowledge of relational database software
- Two to three years' work experience writing reports with SQL Reporting Services or other programming tasks
- Experience creating and modifying SQL Server Stored Procedures
- Experience creating and modifying SQL Server Reporting Services Reports
- Experience developing interface files for external systems
- Experience programming or reporting for accounting or payroll functions is a preferred
- Familiarity with XML or XSLT translation is preferred
- Prior payroll experience a plus
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized - detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $51,000- $69,000 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position offers a full range of benefits outlined here . This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers."