Customer Advocacy Lead at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Customer Advocacy and Retention (CAR) team sits within Customer Operations and houses our customer complaint gurus. When customers share their challenging experiences with Affirm, Affirm has invaluable insight into the breaking points of our products, processes, or policies. As we learn from and champion our customers, we use their voices to improve customer experience, deliver fair outcomes and repair relationships.
As a Customer Advocacy Lead, you'll be empowered as the Voice of Affirm to use exceptional service and product expertise to solve highly complex complaints while leading a team of Customer Advocacy Associates. The team facilitates communication and coordination among cross functional partners to identify the root causes and validity of the complaint, and uses a compliance and risk-based mentality to evaluate options to remedy the issues and determine the appropriate solutions to drive resolution. Your job is not only to help customers with the issues they encounter, but to help us learn as a company from each interaction, so we can make using our products as seamless as possible. See an opportunity to improve customer trust or our team's operations at scale? You'll drive this as the Voice of the Customer.
What You'll Do
Manage a team
- Encourage and manage strong performance using multiple performance metrics to gauge success
- Engage and motivate the team to operate effectively through fast-paced change
- Partner with recruiting team to hire and onboard new team members and maintain strong team
- Focus vigilantly on potential policy and procedure risks as it pertains to complaint review and response process
Deliver exceptional customer experience
- Solve complex customer issues efficiently, effectively, and empathetically.
- Review and respond to highly raised complaints in a timely manner exemplifying empathy to help reinforce and shape the “voice of Affirm”.
- Communicate with customers using email, and when appropriate, phone.
- Represent the complaints team in working groups and project work streams as a subject matter expert to ensure consistent and delightful customer service is maintained.
Drive continuous improvement
- Hyper-focused on cross-functional collaboration to drive resolution and improvement to customer issues. Engaging with cross functional partners (Compliance, Legal, Risk, Product, Communications, etc.) to spearhead remediation of thematic problems.
- Naturally driven to improve processes to more effectively service our customers.
- Improve our internal complaints management program.
- Strong data analysis skills to review and report on complaint data to find trending pain points, and identify product opportunities.
- Improve our resources and tools available for our customers to enable customer education and streamline service.
Grow your financial services expertise
- Be a subject matter expert on current and emerging products as well as consumer finance policies and servicing processes, and regulatory requirements
What We Look For
- 1+ years of people management experience in a customer operations role
- 3+ years experience in customer support role
- Independent worker who is motivated to execute without instruction or supervision
- Resiliency with ability to bounce back from challenging interactions and manage through complexity and uncertainty
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment and knows how to effectively communicate across multiple teams and levels
- Exceptional communication and writing skills with attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- An eagerness to think creatively both in terms of solutions to complex complaints and process improvement
- Strong customer empathy and service level focus
- Thinks proactively while constantly seeking improvement opportunities in work