Customer Advocacy Manager at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion-dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
In this role: Are you empathetic, friendly, and a passionate people leader who loves connecting with and helping others? We’re looking for a natural leader and Customer Advocacy Manager that will be responsible for empowering the people managers under them, leading special projects, and handling escalated customer situations. You’ll ensure that all of our customers have an excellent experience while ensuring the team hits all their goals.
What will you do?
People Management-Related Items (40%)
- Coach people managers
- Provide feedback on how to motivate/empower/obtain the best from their direct reports
- Identify and eliminate roadblocks for junior team members
- Conduct performance reviews
- Create performance improvement plans
- Provide guidance
- Support career development
- Help oversee and manage the hiring strategy for your teams
- Interview candidates for your teams
Special Projects & Cross Department-Related Items (40%)
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure team hits all KPIs
- Identify, develop, and implement efficiency initiatives through process and/or technology enhancements
- Collaborate with the Shared Services team to create and modify internal sources of information
- Work with the product team to help brainstorm ways to improve the customer and internal team experience
Escalation-Related Items (20%)
- Handle customer escalations via social media, NPS/CSAT platforms, phone, email, chat, and other media
- Respond to process-related questions posed by junior team members
What will your 30-60-90 day plan look like?
Within days 1-30, you will:
- Start building relationships with your direct reports and shadowing their daily responsibilities
- Learn the technology systems and processes that Clearcover regularly uses
- Start learning the CX journey of a Clearcover customer
Within days 31-60, you will:
- Shadow indirect reports to learn their daily responsibilities
- Start building relationships with key members of other Clearcover departments
- Review existing customer-related processes and KPIs
Within days 61-90, you will:
- Pass the knowledge and skills-based test
- Recommend modifications to current customer-related processes and KPIs
- Start working with CX peers to refine inter-departmental processes
How will you be measured?
- Direct and indirect reports’ KPI performance
- Employee engagement
What do you need?
- People management experience (required): Minimum of 2 years
- Customer support experience in a B2C call center environment (required): Minimum of 2 years
- Proven track record of direct reports meeting or exceeding KPIs (required): Minimum of 1 year
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding KPIs as an individual contributor (required): Minimum of 1 year
- Startup experience (preferred)
- P&C license required
- Familiarity with CRM & support systems and practices (Zendesk preferred)
- Strong active listening skills and able to communicate clearly
- Demonstrated ability to remain friendly under pressure and resilient to negativity
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- BA/BS or comparable work experience
- Able and willing to work evenings and weekends (this is not a 9-5 job)
- A tactful, timely sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er
But wait, there’s more: As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.