Customer Experience Associate (Contract to Hire)
If you want to be part of something new, exciting and ripe with opportunities to learn and grow professionally then Jiobit may be the place for you! We are a startup company looking for folks with the people skills, technical competency, and ingenuity to resolve customer experience and operations issues on a day-to-day basis while helping shape the processes and systems that are needed to sustain a growing customer base. You will learn all the intricacies of our hardware and software systems and work directly with the development, marketing and business teams to drive incredible growth and continuous improvement across all areas. Every day brings new challenges along with new opportunities to have a big impact on our operational success.
What About Us...
We have recently begun shipping the world’s smallest global tracking device, offering both a kids and a pets version (https://www.jiobit.com).
With offices in Chicago and Silicon Valley, the team is comprised of seasoned designers, marketers, and engineers with a history of building innovative consumer products and services with millions of units sold worldwide (https://www.jiobit.com/about#the-team). We have raised over $6.1M in seed funding and are now positioning the business for rapid growth..
How About You With Us...
You will be responsible for key operational and Customer Experience projects and processes and be part of our Customer Experience team working out of our Chicago loft space in the River North neighborhood. Areas of responsibility and/or influence may include:
- Customer Experience: handling calls and messaging from our beloved customers.
- Process Creation & Optimization: logistics, freight forwarding, certifications, billing.
- Business Development: competitive intelligence, surveys, analytics.
- Product Development: field failure root-cause, alpha/beta testing, feature vetting.
- Program Management: assist in developing and executing against integrated schedules.
- Miscellaneous: hands-on testing, packaging, prototyping, shipping, debugging, sales booth support, office maintenance, you name it (and we all do it too!).
What You’ll Need...
- BS or BA. Ideally in a STEM field
- 2-3+ years of business operations and customer support/success work experience (consumer electronics experience is a plus)
- Friendly, helpful, & professional communication style via phone, messaging and email
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and reliable follow-through
- Energy and passion to support the team, the mission, and our customers
- Roll-with-the-punches attitude and good sense of humor
What You’ll Get...
- Although the candidate will initial start off as a contractor, with success and time, they’ll gain the following perks:
- Unlimited time off to juggle work/life balance
- Flexible work hours and location
- Company retreats every 6 months
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (including 50% contribution for dependents)
- Paid holidays
- Short-term / Long-term Disability offered
- Basic Life Insurance
- **Given the importance of this role for the long-term success of the company, equity compensation will be available for the right candidate
At Jiobit, we’re still a small team with a strong sense of community and mission. Together we are doing meaningful work that solves real problems.
We support one another in our current roles and career aspirations, encouraging each other to learn new skills and dive deeper into our expertise. We believe in you working the way you want to: if you have an idea, do it, we support you. We celebrate our successes (big and small) and make memories at quarterly off-sites and team building events (kayaking, karaoke-ing, Cards Against Humanity-ing). And last but not least, we offer the opportunity to build and influence the company brand, portfolio, and culture from the ground up. Apply here to take a closer look and find out if you are the match we have both been looking for.