Customer Experience - Tier 1 at RedShelf
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective through the use of digital instructional resources. Partnering with more than 400 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortlessly distributing those materials.
The Customer Experience Specialist is responsible for RedShelf’s most important product: our customers’ experiences. Nobody reaches out to our team unless they’re having a problem — but through empathetic, personable and clear communication, CE Specialists turn these customers into impassioned promoters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Practice empathy and active listening with students, bookstore partners, and professors of all ages
- Address emails, phone calls, tweets and DMs through our CRM platform in a warm, personable and direct manner
- Typical multitasking includes: combing through our internal Wiki, communicating clearly with your team leads, logging bugs and feature requests…all while providing responsive support to the customer
- Morph internal data / industry jargon into fun and approachable communication
- Approach others with passion, curiosity and an assumption of positive intent
- Document escalated customer journeys in clear and concise records for warm hand-offs to internal and external teams
- Meet performance standards, including: confidentiality, security of information, response time metrics, and Net Promoter Score
- High emotional intelligence and empathy
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- 1+ year(s) service industry/support experience
- Exposure + comfortability with commercial technology (mobile devices, eReaders, etc) and business technology (collaboration tools, email, Excel)
- Multitasking without loss of quality or focus
- Cross-functional agility (does well on a team, does well on their own)
- Proven track record of discipline and integrity when working unsupervised/remote
- Some flexibility with schedule to meet seasonal changes in business needs
- Availability to work Tuesday - Saturday 8:30-5:30
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Comfortable with learning through feedback + self-reflection
- Enjoys puzzles or strategy games
- Ability to express themselves warmly through email or text-based communication (involvement in online forums, communities, etc is a plus!)
- Experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.