Customer Operations Associate at Airfordable
Airfordable is a travel and financial technology company that is on a mission to make travel accessible and affordable to anyone, anywhere. We allow anyone to book flights for only a fraction of the cost upfront and the rest in installments before they fly. We're continuously building a travel platform that will empower traveler to do more with less in an easy and fun way. We're a remote team headquartered in Chicago and have helped thousands travel domestically and internationally. We've been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, Huffington Post, Yahoo Finance, Conde Nast Traveler, Essence Magazine and more.
About the Role
You'll be joining a small, close-knit remote team that does anything and everything to make Airfordable run smoothly. Your responsibilities will be a hybrid of operations and customer support & success tasks. You will be working with a team that constantly pushes boundaries to innovate, thinks two steps ahead of the curve, and meets the high standards we set for ourselves. We make decisions grounded on data, move quickly and get things done.
In this role, you will:
- Manage reservations and installments plans from end to end.
- Provide exceptional customer service support to travelers through live chat, email and social media channels.
- Contribute to product development, both internal and consumer-facing from a customer success standpoint
- Work cross-functionally with the Operations and Engineering team to improve the Airfordable customer experience
- Serve as the voice of our travelers and provide internal feedback to the team on how we can better serve our travelers.
- Complete other projects as assigned such as keeping social media profiles up to date.
A good fit for this role is self-motivated, empirical and has exceptional interpersonal skills to interact with customers and work across teams. They are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to ensure our travelers have an exceptional customer experience. Other expectations include:
• Self-Starter - You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable with ambiguity and lack of structure
• Curious - you always look for ways to innovate and improve
• Entrepreneurial - you love responsibility and want to help shape the vision and direction of the company
• Gritty - you roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make our travelers have a great customer experience
• Passionate - you have empathy for customers and are passionate about travel and helping other
• At least 2 years of experience in an operations / customer support role.
• Customer centric mentality with a track record of providing exceptional customer service and succeeding in a team environment
• Well-organized, very detail-oriented and able to manage multiple deadlines and projects
• Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills. Can communicate respectfully and professionally at all times (even when customers are not so respectful/professional)
• Having at least Bachelor's degree is nice, but we're more interested in critical thinkers who are hungry to learn and get things done.
• Past experience working at a startup or strong desire to be at a startup and a part of a growing company and the challenges that come with it.
• Familiar with Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Remote working environment
• Paid position
• Must be able to work some weekends
Airfordable is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.