Customer Quality Specialist at Fast Radius
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:42 a.m. (CST) on Friday, October 1, 2021
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We have recently announced our intent to become a publicly-listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics.
We are seeking a self-motivated quality specialist to manage incoming daily transactional requests for quality technical assistance as well as other immediate-need quality feedback, direction, or assistance. The ideal candidate will have experience in a quality help-desk type environment and be well versed in the quality discipline. This fast-paced industry has exciting opportunities and is growing daily. Applicants should have willingness to be quickly trained and dive into the role and can work independently with minimal supervision
Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- The Customer Quality Specialist will serve as the central contact point for incoming quality requests which originate internally within Fast Radius.
- Manage the Customer On-Boarding Program on all quality inputs required by the customer
- Must understand basic elements of quality and the broader quality management system
- Work on incoming customer requests for quality information i.e. material certifications, certificates of conformance, PPAP-level identification, RMA disposition, and initial quality problem solving.
- Work on quality inspection costing requests from customers and deliver in a timely manner.
- Work with CSM and CAE’s on open quality requested items.
- Manage the flow of the requested information, determine where to secure the information, and facilitate a response.
- Will work to ensure that all incoming requests are time responded to in a timely manner (1 hour to respond and/or close) – initial response – final feedback.
- Must learn the Fast Radius Quality Management System (QMS) and related areas to be able to respond to as many requests as possible before diverting to Quality Engineering
- Work with the Quality Specialist – Training on opportunities to drive quality background and knowledge throughout Fast Radius.
- Work with Quality Engineers to manage daily support activities
- Develop tracking tool to manage all incoming requests and organize according to priority and ensure responses are provided in a timely
- Hands on experience in training with familiarity in training tools, software, and techniques
- Ability to draft training documents and deliver robust interactive sessions with successful knowledge transfer being measured and deemed successful
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience as quality support in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to develop and carry out transactional requests in accordance with established plans.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Training certification is a big plus.
- Other production tasks as workload varies.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in quality and/or help desk-related disciplines
- 3 years’ experience in an operations manufacturing environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability leading and managing key training initiatives
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office Excel, Word, Google Sheets
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description