Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for managing and developing two or more medium/large accounts ensuring customer success. Acts as the primary contact and interfaces between the Customer/SI partner and the OnDemand Operations team.
- Manages 2+ medium/large accounts
- Develops and fosters a trusted relationship with the Customer and SI partners
- Meets with Customer leadership to understand additional requirements, integration road map, potential change controls/extensions, with an eye toward future sales opportunities
- Understands Customer priorities and road map
- Coordinates Customer-specific communication plan and test schedule, etc., between Customers and OnDemand Operations
- Ensure customers are planning for and taking upgrades. Coordinates schedules with OnDemand Operations team
- Ensures transparency by reporting OnDemand status to Customers and internal OnDemand steering committee
Ensures Customer Success and Reference-ability:
- Understands what is required to make/keep the Customer a great reference
- Explains to Customers what is (and is not) included as part of the Duck Creek OnDemand (OnDemand) solution
- Acts as primary contact point for Customer issues/questions
- Reviews monthly metrics reports with Customers including SLA targets and actuals, volumetric, performance data, major issues and outages
- Proactively manages any potential risks and work with applicable resources to implement a mitigation plan. Leverages conformance reviews / delivery assurance process to identify potential risks.
Interfaces between Customer/SI partner and OnDemand Operations team:
- Provides priorities to OnDemand Operations re: tickets, release scheduling, etc.
- Conducts new release sessions with Customers to walk through changes in the new release, potential impact, and to determine configuration decisions for testing purposes. Provides information back to OnDemand Operations for testing
- Coordinates between Customers and OnDemand Operations as to which alerts should be directed to which Customer individuals
Develops and grows the OnDemand Practice:
- Develops the tools / processes / procedures to grow and mature the OnDemand business to allow for cost-effective future growth and scale
- Conducts lessons learned sessions after each release with various teams to coordinate improvements
- Develops and maintains Customer-specific portions of the runbook (e.g., communication plan/contacts)
- Provides feedback to OnDemand engineering or product engineering teams on how to better enhance our products for Duck Creek OnDemand customers
Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or higher level, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer Information Sciences or related degree; related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement
- Work Experience: Minimum 8 years Functional and technical knowledge of the Duck Creek Suite and Platform
- Experience in a customer-facing, service-oriented role
- 2+ years of experience with OnDemand Operations and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with following tool sets: Microsoft .NET, SQL Server, Operations Management Suite, Visual Studio Team, Salesforce Service Cloud, Dynatrace
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to clearly articulate and present technical solutions to prospects/Customers during sales processes
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills are must
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Efficient multi-tasking and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, ability to communicate with sales, executives and Customers
- Travel: 10-25%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.