Customer Service Representative I at SMS Assist
The Customer Service Representative on our Residential Team works with our network of Affiliates, clients and residents by managing all our clients’ repair and maintenance needs within our technology platform, One by SMS Assist.
The SMS Assist Residential Department acts as a full service maintenance customer care center for our clients, who own residential rental properties across the United States. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for handling inbound calls from residents and store managers to create new maintenance service requests or provide updates on existing service requests. The Customer Service Representative will create work orders in our proprietary software system, working through troubleshooting questions and logic to accurately determine the nature of the issue affecting the property. The Customer Service Representative will then properly document and classify the work order to ensure a timely and cost-effective repair by one of our qualified Affiliates. The goal of team is to create perfect work orders, allowing for seamless dispatch and completion of work by our network of vendors.
This role communicates predominantly on the phone and electronically with Residents, Affiliates and Clients to drive the efficient and effective creation and completion of maintenance services, while keeping all stakeholders updated throughout the service period.
- Provides a positive, high quality customer experience for residents calling into their maintenance line to request new repairs or inquire about existing repairs
- Utilizes technology and basic troubleshooting skills to determine the nature of the maintenance issue affecting the caller
- Properly documents and classifies maintenance issues to ensure proper dispatch to the most appropriate vendor in the most appropriate timeframe
- Adheres with quality assurance standards and operational processes while working in a fast-paced environment
- Achieves KPIs in a contact center-based production environment where productivity and quality are key in providing excellent customer experiences
- Performs tasks on open work orders to remove roadblocks and manages vendors to complete outstanding work and provide updates
- Coordinates next steps on open maintenance work orders, thinks creatively to solve problems and remove roadblocks
- Understands need for updates and communicates with vendors and residents to move work along and update all stakeholders
- Handles escalated situations constructively, constantly striving to provide positive outcomes for all our stakeholders
- Manages real-time inquires while keeping track of and responding to commitments
- Remains available on the phone to address all requests and customer questions
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Demonstrates professionalism in communication, relationship development, customer service, etc.
- Shift flexibility will be required
- Fosters a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality and accuracy of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Customer Service - PROFICIENT
- Verbal Communication - PROFICIENT
- Written Communication - PROFICIENT
- Problem Solving – PROFICIENT
- Process Orientation – PROFICIENT
- Prioritization - PROFICIENT
- Teamwork – PROFICIENT
- Relationships – PROFICIENT
- Organizational Awareness - PROFICIENT
- Learning Agility - PROFICIENT
Role Specific Skills
- Basic understanding of common single-family home maintenance areas and systems (appliances, HVAC, etc.)
- Customer Service: Work directly with our customers from big brands across the country via phone, email, and messaging systems
- Teamwork: Collaborate with coworkers and our nationwide network of contractors to resolve customer problems
- Communication: Keep our customer and work order information up to date in our proprietary technology system
- Continued Learning: Learn the ins and outs of our software and supporting systems. Keep updated on information and changes through our knowledge base.
- Computer Skills: proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook preferred
People Management Skills
- Not applicable to this role
- Education Level – High school diploma required, Associates or Undergraduate degree preferred
- Previous experience in property maintenance or management, customer service call center environment preferred
Other Relevant Qualifications
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.