Customer Success Associate for Health Tech Startup Preventing Cancer
CancerIQ’s technology makes it possible for providers to, at scale, recognize and empower patients who have increased risk for cancer. Offering patients cancer risk assessment, genetic counseling and genetic testing is the right thing to do, but most providers (e.g., hospitals, cancer centers, group practices) simply don’t have the time or the money to do it. With CancerIQ, providers can screen, evaluate and manage entire patient populations according to their genetic makeup.
CancerIQ (http://canceriq.com) is a venture-backed digital health company that uses predictive analytics to help doctors understand a patient's risk of getting and dying from cancer. By making it easier and cheaper for providers to deliver cancer genetic risk assessment services, we improve patient access to life-saving interventions that can pre-empt or prevent this devastating disease.
We do this by empowering providers with workflow solutions that help them start, run, and grow their own in-house genetics programs. Our mission is it help every provider engage and educate patients, and guide them through the complex, convoluted, and intimidating journey of cancer prevention.
Headquartered near Northwestern’s medical campus, CancerIQ markets our solutions nationwide to cancer centers, breast centers and genetics practices, and has grown 10x since emerging from private beta in Spring 2016.
Are you a Customer Success professional who has a strong interest in healthcare and/or genetics? Are you entrepreneurial and seeking a fast-changing environment? If so, then apply for the CancerIQ Customer Success Associate role.
The Customer Success Associate role requires a sharp analytical mind, client management and organizational skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for tackling one of the most complex medical and technological challenges of our time.
As the primary customer contact, the Customer Success Associate works in tandem with the Product Specialist to lead day-to-day activities that empower a healthcare provider to start, run, and grow its own in-house genetics program. To achieve this, the Product Specialist/Customer Success Associate team insures each CancerIQ customer site is operating smoothly, achieving key performance metrics (KPI’s) and, as a result, is poised for growth.
For her/his assigned CancerIQ customers, the Customer Success Associate focuses on meeting the needs and exceeding the expectations of the CancerIQ Administrators and Users, through both initial onboarding/implementation and ongoing.
- Partner with the Product Specialist to deliver initial and ongoing training of a customer’s Clinical staff - including physicians, genetic counselors, nurses, and office staff - on CancerIQ software and workflows
- Schedule, prepare for and lead weekly and monthly customer calls, and memorialize those calls within the CancerIQ Hubspot CRM
- Attend and support a Customer Success Manager’s preparation for quarterly and annual customer business reviews
- Generate, analyze and share weekly customer performance reports, while looking to identify and implement areas of improvement in order to achieve and surpass customer KPI’s
- Identify and internally bring forward to the Product Strategist product-related issues involving the CancerIQ process - manage expectations with customer related to those issues
- Advocate customer needs and ideas internally, and work collaboratively with other CancerIQ teams to achieve outcomes and results for customers
- Design, implement and document innovative strategies to drive customer engagement
- Deliver value-driven solutions; ensure that customers begin every CancerIQ interaction with a clear understanding of its purpose and conclude every interaction with tangible results or next steps
- Build trust with each customer’s Clinical staff and, as a result, earn the right to request and secure references, referrals, case studies, etc.
- Demonstrate product expertise across the entire CancerIQ product portfolio, and strive to use that knowledge to make customers successful in their businesses
- Demonstrate genetics expertise
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree
- Has 1-3 years of account management, project management or consulting experience - Customer Success experience for a technical B2B software solution is preferred
- Has 1+ years of experience working within a healthcare environment - preferably, understands clinical environments and workflows
- Has a track record of quickly and successfully absorbing a lot of information
- Is exceptional at solving problems in an independent and data-driven manner while working in an extremely fast-paced, demanding start-up environment
- Is passionate about genetics, women’s health, and CancerIQ’s mission to improve healthcare through technology
- Familiar with EMRs and/or other healthcare technology
- Has strong oral and written communications skills
- Has excellent presentation skills
- Is experienced with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Is willing to travel to on-site customer meetings for implementations and annual reviews - travel is estimated at 20%
- Working with a fun, young team of professionals
- Health insurance, commuter benefits, other work perks
- Laid back work environment, conveniently located near downtown Chicago's Northwestern medical campus
- Unlimited free coffee and beer