Customer Success Representative at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to SMB customers. As a Customer Success Representative, you will own the day to day operations of product and services offerings including customer education, expansion, and retention for our high value marketplace customers. You will partner cross-functionally to swiftly resolve customer issues to delight our clients every step of the way.Your Responsibilities:
- You’ll work closely with assigned accounts to establish long lasting relationships with decision makers and users to ensure repeat usage on the platform
- Execute platform training for users to become comfortable with the platform and how to engage with Freelance and agency talent
- Develop adoption plan, establish communication with key partnerships of each assigned accounts
- Establish communication with decision makers, manage reporting to measure success against customer expectations, and drive the renewal process
- Implement strategies to maximize customer lifetime value and minimize churn risk while increasing overall customer satisfaction and identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of the product to recommend the software’s features and functionality that meet customers' specific business needs
- Consistently bring creative ideas and solutions to the team on how to improve the customer experience
- 2+ years of experience in customer success, sales, or account management in staffing or Human Capital Management
- SaaS success/sales/recruiting experience is desirable
- Passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience and building lasting relationships
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective service and selling strategies
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills – both verbal and written
- 2+ years experience in day to day operations in a post sale environment in either a hyper-growth environment or within the Human Capital Management space
- Experience working with multiple clients and creating operational playbooks to insure service quality and responsiveness for reported issues
- Previously demonstrated success in expansion, up-sells and retention in a highly competitive environment
- Intimate knowledge in training customers through multiple mediums
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. Whether you’re working from our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Chicago or are part of our globally distributed team, we’re working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. Our vibrant culture is built on a common mission and shared values. As we create economic opportunities so that people have better lives, our employees build amazing teams, put our community first and have a bias towards action. We encourage team Upwork to bring their whole selves to work through learning and development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. All that and amazing benefits too? We’ve got you covered (especially with our company favorite, Work Online Wednesdays). Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.